Chapter- 42

Difficult time's going on guys. Please stay at your homes and stay safe!

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Swara's POV-

As the evening came by, I was getting ready to go home for 2 days for pagpheras and I was very excited!

" Shona, Vaidehi just called. They all are on their way to Pune because your cousin Amisha went in labor so you will not be going home today." Mom said, coming to the room and told me.

" Ohh, Amisha got married?" I asked, confused. Mom chuckled, nodding.

" So that means, I am making Chinese!" I exclaimed and put my suitcase back.

" Beta, it is very hot. Get changed first if you want to cook or you'll go mad in this saree." Mom suggested and I nodded as she left the room.

Before changing, I went to Preeti and Karan's room to meet Ananya.

" Preeti, may I come in?" I knocked, asking.

" Swara, come on in!" Karan was the one who answered.

" Heyy Karan...what are you doing?" I asked him. He was trying to wrap something.

" I am just trying to wrap this gift for Preeti. Planning to give these earrings to her. Had got them when she was pregnant." He told me, struggling.

" Here, I'll do it for you." I took the wrapping paper and the box.

" Do you mind?" I asked before opening the box.

" Of course not, go ahead." He encouranged and I did open the box. They were a very beautiful pair of diamond earrings.

" These are absolutely beautiful Karan!" I exclaimed and he smiled.

" Why don't you take her out on a date tonight? I mean, which all this house work and taking care of little Ananya and this whole marriage, she totally deserves a break." I suggested him.

" No Swara, Ananya is so little. She'll need Preeti." He said.

" Come on! Preeti will feed this little princess here and then both of you can go. I'll take absolutely good care of her. Trust me! Besides, if I am unable to, then mom is here." I talked to him.

The both of them really could do with sometime together.

" I trust you to take care of Ananya Swara, but I don't think Preeti will agree to this." He replied, sitting down next to the sleeping baby.

" Leave that to me." I smirked, winking at him as I started walking towards the door.

" Swara, admist all of this, don't forget that you got married just yesterday." Karan teased me, laughing.

" Shut up." I muttered, while leaving.

It took good twenty minutes to convince Preeti who finally gave in. FINALLY!

As I sent her to her room to get ready, I walked towards mine to change into something comfortable to go to the kitchen to cook. As usual, I saw Aditya sitting in there with his second and most important wife, his laptop.

" There you are. Where have you been all evening?" He asked as he looked up towards the door and saw me entering the room.

" Doing stuff." I replied vaguely and sat on the bed for a while. He kept his laptop on the table and started walking towards the bed, towards me and sat next to me, undeniably close.

" Umm..." I just shifted a little bit away.

He shifted with me as I widened my eyes and shifted again and he did the same.