To The Rescue

-- Edited --

Luke where is Jess?

Luke jumped in his truck and headed to New York to save his niece. It was early afternoon on a Sunday, so both Jess and Willow were out of school.

Luke didn't actually know where Jess was when he left, but informed his sister he was safe. There was a note left on the door of the apartment and Willow's cell number.

Caesar was told to finish with the lunch rush and close the diner early. Jess made it back to the diner at around 2:30, after spending a few hours at the bookstore and then the bridge, where he sat, read his new book, and snuck a smoke.

Caesar told Jess to check the apartment and then help with the dinner until Luke got back. Jess followed the first request, but didn't plan on coming back down when he was done.

When Jess read the note, his first thought was complete confusion... then he thought for a few seconds and was overcome with a wave of panic. It had to be about Will.

His little sister Willow, who he was stupid enough to leave alone in New York with their crazy mother. He looked at the number and made his way to the phone.

"Hello?" a voice said on the other line.

"Willow?"

"Hey Jessie!" his sister replied, her voice filled with joy, making a smile come to his face.

No matter how tough and closed off Jess acted his little sister always made him a little mushy inside. She was his shining light, the thing that kept him going. If he graduated, it was gonna be for her.

"Why's Luke coming to New York, Will?" Jess asked. His voice was stern. He loved her, but he was worried about her.

"Liz started again, it's bad, probably worse than it's ever been."

"What do you mean worse? What did she do?"

"It was her new guy. I'm beat up bad Jessie."

She sounded so broken, which broke Jess. Tears started welling in his eyes and he thought about his little weepy Willow, broken. He sniffed and whipped at his eyes, getting himself together.

"It's gonna be ok, kid. I'm gonna get you back here, and I'm not gonna let you go again. You hear me?" Jess asked.

"Yeah, I hear you Jessie."

"You know you are the only person in the world who can call me that?" Jess asks, laughing.

She was gonna be alright, he would make sure of it.

"Do you know how far Luke is?" he asks.

"We got off the phone about an hour ago. He should be at least halfway here. I assume he's speeding," she laughed, they both did a little.

"Are you safe Will?"

"I'm in my room. I pushed a bookshelf in front of my door. I have a few bags packed. I have one of just books. I don't like leaving any, but I thought if I had to it would be ones I already read. If I haven't read it, it's coming with," she stated.

They were definitely related. She was as much of a reader, as he was. She loved music like him too. She also had a similar problem of needing music to sleep, his only developed when he moved to Stars Hollow. 

No longer having the constant noise of the city and needing something to fill the emptiness of the small town's lack of sounds.

Her's was to clear her mind, keep the inner demon at bay so she could rest. She was fine mostly, but at night, when she is alone is when the evil voices try to come out and play.

She had found they are easily silenced by the power of music.

Jess decided that since he knew she was safe, and the diner would definitely be busy, he should leave his sister to wait for their uncle and go help Caesar.

"I'll see you soon Will."

"See you soon Jessie. I expect a hug when I get there."

With that they said their goodbyes, hung up, and Jess returned downstairs to help Caesar.