Beaked

-- Edited --

Willow's POV

I was sitting at the counter working on some homework when Jess came downstairs. Luke stops him when he notices Jess' messed up eye.

"Whoa."

"What?"

"You're Petey the dog," Luke says.

They bicker back and forth, and then Luke asks Jess when he got in a fight with Dean.

I had noticed his eye last night, when he got home, but pretended to sleep and didn't say anything. I didn't think it was a fight with Dean.

"What's with everyone making assumptions? I'm sick of it," Jess says.

"So it wasn't Dean," Luke says.

"No," Luke replies.

"I didn't think it was Dean," I say, resting my chin on my hands, as I lean on the counter.

"Thanks," Jess replies shortly.

"When did it happen? Yesterday?" Luke asks.

"Yes."

"You went to Rory's grandmother's yesterday, did she punch you?" Luke asks again.

I giggle, "sorry," I say as Jess shoots me a glare.

"Stop."

"Where'd you get it?" Luke asks again.

"Santa Claus."

"I knew you were on the naughty list, but damn," I say.

"So, you're not gonna tell me?" Luke asks.

"That's right," Jess sasses back.

The phone rings and Luke answers it.

"Hello? Yeah, hey, Rory. Hang on a sec. It's Rory," Luke holds the Phone out to Jess.

"I'm not here," Jess replies.

"What?"

"Get a clue, Colombo. I don't wanna talk."

"You don't wanna talk to Rory?" Luke question.

"I wanna talk to Rory," I say, reaching for the phone.

"Hey, Rory? Yeah, he just went someplace. Yeah, I'll tell him. Bye," Luke hangs up and drags Jess off.

I followed them into the store room because I'm Jess's little sister, so I'm nosy.

"Look, you're my responsibility. You're exhibiting signs of violent behavior, and I don't care how much you don't want to talk about it. You're not leaving 'til you tell me. Now, tell me where'd you get the black eye?" Luke quickly rambles out.

"You wouldn't believe it anyway," Jess says, trying to walk away.

"Try me, tough guy," Luke replies, grabbing him.

"I'll probably believe you," I say, leaning in the doorway.

"A swan," Jess says.

"Excuse me?" Luke asks.

"Yep, I believe you. Asshole birds," I say.

"I was attacked by a swan, okay. Ya' happy? A stupid swan," Jess replies to him.

"Now how 'bout the real story?" Luke asks.

"That is the real story," I say and Jess yells.

If anyone can tell the difference between Jess lying and telling the truth it's me, and he's for sure telling the truth.