Dinner With The Gilmores

-- Edited --

When Jess got back from school Willow informed him of what happened with Taylor. He was furious. He might have gotten angrier than Luke, if that was possible. Willow convinced him that pulling a prank, or something like that would only make the situation worse.

She was able to convince Jess to go back to Doose's Market and buy all the things she had abandoned at the check out during her previous visit.

She kept an eye on Jess from the outside of the store, refusing to renter.

Willow saw a tall boy with a name tag that said Dean F. and thought he must be the guy Lorelai and Rory had mentioned. He didn't seem to be fond of Jess, but her brother was too focused on Taylor who, again, was working the register.

Jess' POV

I got all the things on Will's list and went to check out. I made sure to go to Taylor's line on purpose. I saw Dean, but paid him no mind, I was busy with someone else at the moment.

Taylor saw me and looked frightened.

"These are for Will," I say putting the basket on the belt.

I kept my face void of emotion, and not look too upset, so as not to cause anymore trouble. As he scanned everything Dean bagged each item.

When he was done, he went to say the total, but froze for a second and the looked at me.

"On the house. Consider it a peace offering," he said with a nervous smile.

I grabbed the bags and looked at him.

"Thank you Taylor," I said nicely before walking out the door.

"How did it go?" Will asked.

"Fine. He seemed nervous to see me, but I made sure not to purposely scare the hell out of him too much," I said as she took one bag from me.

"Thank you for that," she said with a smile.

"And he gave this to us for free. Referred to it at a peace offering," I said again

"Aww, that's nice," she said.

She looked through the window of the store, and Taylor was looking at us. She gave him a bright smile and a wave before turning in the diner's direction and skipped off.

I rolled my eyes, smiling as I followed her.

Luke's POV

I saw the kids walk back into the diner.

"How did it go?" I asked.

"It went well. Jess didn't start anything and Taylor gave us this stuff for free," Willow said cheerfully.

She skipped to the stairs, and Jess followed.

"What is this stuff for, anyway?" Jess asked.

"I'm gonna make chocolate chip cookies and brownies!" she said, all excited.

They disappeared up the stairs, and I got back to work.

Please don't burn the building down Willow.

--

Jess' POV

Willow was great at baking and there were a few meals she frequently made that she was really good at. She enjoyed baking. I guess she got her talent from the same place Luke did.

When she would do stuff like this in New York, we would play music on the radio and she would dance around the kitchen while I read somewhere close by.

Rory had caught me to make sure I knew I was invited tonight. She knew how I felt about her and Dean and told me I didn't have to come if I didn't want to.

Of course I wanted to come. How else would I get to see her without him around? Luke had gone to the school sometime between Will's run in with Taylor and me getting out of class.

Will would start school on Monday, and she was excited. School wasn't her favorite thing, but she liked to learn. She wasn't looking forward to math at all though. Something about it just didn't click, but other than that I knew she would be fine.

When it came time to head over to the Gilmore house Luke led the way, followed by me carrying the cookies that Will made while she carried the brownies. Will's cross body bag that held her cell phone, and some books, one of which was mine.

We got up to the door, and Luke knocked. This dinner was set up differently than the one Lorelai tried having for me. Instead of having Jackson, Sookie, and all of her food, Lorelai had ordered pizza and Chinese food.

I had informed Rory this would be easier for Willow. Just the five of us having a calm meal.

Lorelai opened the door and welcomed us in. She got all excited when she saw the cookie and brownies. She said they would go nicely with the ice cream she had in the freezer.

We all sat in the living room lounging around as we ate and talked. Luke, Lorelai and Rory sat on the couch while Willow and I sat at the coffee table facing them. The conversation was mostly carried out by the three females.

I could see Luke smile every time Willow would smile or laugh. It made us both happy to see her enjoying herself, even more so now that it was with people other than the two of us.

It was getting a bit late so Luke headed home. I decided to leave the ladies alone and wander around town for a little while.