Highschool

-- Edited --

Willow's POV 

I start school today. Luke gave me some money, so I could get all of my school stuff by myself.

I got a new backpack. It's a brown, canvas rucksack. It was big enough to hold all my stuff. It was durable, so it'll last me a while, and... Jess has a similar bag.

Damn, I miss him. He hasn't called in a little while; I do know he's back in New York.

I also, after lots of begging, and pouting, and convincing, I managed to get Luke to let me dye my hair.

Nothing too crazy. My hair was now cut to just above my shoulders, and the tips are red. Of course Taylor had something to say about it. I told him I did it because I wanted a change, and dying my hair was a fun, non-permanent way to do that.

I also just really love color. I asked if he preferred if I got a piercing, or tattoo instead? He didn't like that, but it shut him up, and he actually likes it now... I'm as shocked as you.

I took a picture on my cell, and sent it to Mom, and asked her to relay it to Jess. He changes his number frequently, and Luke and I don't have it.

I grab my bag and talk down to the dinner. I got ready early, so I could help Luke out. Even so, the dinner is already starting to get busy.

I grab a notepad, and a pen from the counter, walk over to the rake by the door, hang my bag, and then start helping customers.

Luke comes out from the back and sees me as I'm pouring someone's coffee.

"Oh, you look nice. Are you ready for school? Junior year," he says.

"Thank you, and yeah, I guess I'm as ready as I can be," I tell him.

Scarlett convinced me to wear a dress today. I wasn't fancy, or even girly, but it was still a dress, and I'm very uncomfortable.

I worked until I had to walk over to the school. Luke gave me a hug, and wished me Luke, handing me a lunch he made me.

I was met by Scarlett on the sidewalks, and we headed to school together.

--

School was going well. I was just bored, and tired. Scar and I had one class together in the morning, and we were currently walking to lunch.

We are just outside of the door leading to the cafeteria when someone yells from behind us.

"Hey!" We were the only people currently in this hall, so Scar and I both turned.

"You're related to Mariano, right?" the guy asks.

I recognize him. He's a jock that Jess picked fights with in the past.

"Um... yeah," I said nervously.

He grabs me by the shoulders hard and walks me backwards until I'm pressed hard against the lockers.

"You tell that punk I'll be waiting for his ass next time he comes around, and I don't plan on being too nice," he yells at me.

He lets go, and goes to walk the other way, away from us, and the cafeteria. I don't know why, but I'm feeling a bit confident.

"You're an ass," I call out.

He turns on his heels and walks back up to me. I don't have time to react before his hand raises, and the back of it meets my cheek.

--

First day of school, and I'm sitting in the office. The nurse gave me an ice pack, and I was waiting to talk to the principal. I'm currently eating my packed lunch.

They called Luke, I'm not ready for that. Well, I guess I have to be because here he comes. Luke walks up to me, and he's mad.

"Are you kidding me? I thought I was done with this now that I don't have to deal with Jess anymore," he yells.

"I didn't do anything. He was one of the guys that had a problem with Jess. He said when Jess came back he was going to be waiting for him. Yes, I called him an ass, and I shouldn't have done that, but I didn't actually do anything, he hit me," I try to defend myself.

"Ms. Mariano. Mr. Danes."

I walk in and take a seat.

"Ms. Mariano, it's the first day of school, and you're already picking fights."

"It's Danes."

"What?"

"My last name is Danes. Willow Danes."

"Right. Ms. Danes, I thought with your brother gone we'd have less of these problems, but I see not. I see you've fallen into some of his old habits," the principal says.

"Hey, I am not going to let you, or anyone else talk to her that way. She already explained to me what happened, that punk tried to start something with her because he didn't like Jess. She's a great kid, and doesn't get into trouble. You don't get to label her as a bad kid because one thing happens, and you certainly don't get to say a damn thing about Jess because he's not here, and this isn't about Jess. She is not Jess," Luke says.

Aw, Uncle Luke is so nice, but he's also furious right now, and he is scary when he's mad.

--

I didn't get into any trouble. Luke walked me to my next class and gave me a hug.

"I am going to make some calls. I will see you back at the diner," he says before leaving me.

I don't know what that means, but I guess I will find out later. I finished off my day, nothing else happened. I had one more class with Scarlett before the day's end, and I've gotten better at math.

Scar and I walk to the dinner, and it's pretty empty. Caesar tells me Luke wants to see me upstairs. I kiss Scar, and she heads home.

I go up to the apartment and see Luke at the kitchen table.

"Oh, good. You're home. I need to talk to you," he says.

He sounded kind of rushed. On the table, he has lots of papers, a calculator, and the phone.

I drop my bag and sit across from him.

"You're not going to Stars Hollow High anymore," he says with a smile.

I just stare at him for a minute.

"What?"

AN // -- If the picture doesn't show up, it is Willow's outfit, hair, and backpack. 

-- Izzy :)