Chapter Forty-Five

My tears stopped when I felt my stomach turn and acid. I quickly pushed him away and turned around. I covered my mouth as I retched.

"Oh, shit," I heard him say. Agad siyang kumilos at hinawi ang mga buhok ko.

I bent downward and that's the time when I start throwing up. I was in tears as my stomach painfully heaved, ejecting everything I ate and drank for the past hours.

Orion made sure to keep my hair away from my face and caressed my back to soothe me.

"Come on. Let's get you somewhere dry," he said when he noticed that I was done vomitting.

Inalalayan niya ako na umayos ng tayo. I wiped my lips with the back of my hand. The rain was still unforgiving but he didn't mind it and fixed the jacket that he placed over my shoulder.

I feel like I've puked out all of the alcohol in me and I'm no longer drunk, but I still don't feel good. Hinayaan ko siyang hilahin ako patungo sa parking lot.

I only came back to my senses when I heard a car's beeping as it was unlocked. We were in front of his car.

"I-I brought my car," I said in a shaky voice. Ngayong medyo nahimasmasan na ako ay umepekto na sa akin ang lamig sa pagkakabasa sa ulan.

"I'll drive you home, Hyon. You can't drive in this state," he calmly exclaimed.

"But you also drank," I argued.

"Babe, I've done this countless of times. I'm a decent driver and I never had an accident in my entire life," he assured me.

Sumimangot ako. "You shouldn't drive when you're drunk. It's not safe."

Napakagat siya sa labi habang tinitingnan ako. Ilang saglit lang ay huminga siya nang malalim. "Fine. I'll call a friend, but let's get inside for now, okay? You'll get fucking sick."

Tumango ako bilang pagpayag. He opened the door for me and assisted me in getting in. Hindi siya agad pumasok at mukhang may kinuha pa sa trunk ng sasakyan. Nagmamadali niyang binuksan ang backseat at may hinagis doon bago pumasok sa driver seat.

He got the a gym bag from the backseat. Iyong hinagis niya. He unzipped it. He brought out a small bottle and handed it to me.

"Gargle with that," he instructed.

I accepted the small bottle. It was a mouthwash. Sinunod ko ang utos niya. I uncapped the bottle and poured small amount in my mouth and gargled for half a minute. Binuksan ko ang pinto at iniluwa iyon. That feels so much better.

"Thank you," I murmured and returned the bottle to him.

He was scooched closer to the console. Mukhang inaabangan talaga na matapos ako. He was holding a towel and a shirt was placed on the console. Kinuha niya ang mouthwash mula sa akin at inilapag lang 'yon sa kanyang hita.

"Come here," he quipped and reached for me with the towel. He gently patted the towel on my face, neck, and my arms.

Nakakabingi ang katahimikan sa loob ng sasakyan. Halos hindi ako huminga habang maingat niya akong tinutuyo gamit ang tuwalya. Hinayaan ko naman siya. Everything that happened still feels so raw. I don't know what to feel or say right now. Deretso lang ang tingin ko dahil hindi ko magawang tumingin sa kanya. I can feel his heated gaze on me.

"I'm sorry," he started, his voice somber and a little regretful. "I shouldn't have done that."

I bit my lip. With my intoxicated state lifted, I can clearly remember everything that happened in the dance floor and in that private room.