Chapter Fourteen: Broken. . . or Not

You woke up with a splitting headache and squinted at the window. It was streaming sunlight right into your eyes.

Irritated, you climbed out of bed. I'll ask Dad to fix my necklace, you thought, creeping out of the bedroom. You walked into the bathroom, only to see Hoshi standing in front of the mirror, applying lotion to her face. Annoyed, you walked away.

"(Y/N)?" your father was downstairs, sipping a coffee. 

"Dad, I-"

"Can you drive me to the mall today?" Hoshi interrupted, stepping down the stairs as if she was at some ball or something. "I'm all out of pink nail polish."

"Of course," your dad smiled. 

"Dad," you said loudly. "I need you to fix something."

"Shouldn't you be packing up to take your inventions to SFIT?" your dad said absentmindedly, refilling his coffee cup.

"Well, yeah," you said dismissively. "But I don't have to go until tomorrow. I need you to fix something for me."

"What is it?" Your dad took a long pull from his mug.

"My. . . necklace," you replied. Hoshi glanced at you, and your dad almost spit out his coffee.

"You still have that?" he choked, his eyes watering.

You glared at him. "Of course I do! Why wouldn't I?"

Your dad sighed and plopped down on a stool. "Bring it to me," he said wearily. Hoshi pulled open the cabinet and took out a box of cereal. You know, the disgusting brown stale ones that are supposed to help old people intestines or something. 

 When you entered your room, you immediately went over to your dresser. The top was bare, except for your letter from SFIT.

Wait. . . where is it, you thought, panicking. You checked the floor around it. It was gone.

Immediately two prime suspects popped in your head: Dad, who didn't like the necklace; or Hoshi, who hated you.

You stormed out of the room. "Hey, Dad," you called, but you were interrupted by the doorbell. You opened the door to see your old treasure box on the doorstep. A (F/C) Post-It was stuck on the top, and you opened the box to see your necklace, good as new.

Sorry about Hiro. ~Tadashi

Again? You placed the box on your dresser, but you stuck the Post-It to your bulletin board. You would need it for evidence later. Why does Tadashi always help me? You shuddered. And how did he get in my room?

"What did you need me to fix?" your dad poked his head into the room.

"Oh, uh. . . " you searched for something to say. "Not fix. Can you drive my stuff to SFIT?"

Your dad nodded. "I'll take you on the way to the mall. Hoshi ran out of nail polish."

"I heard," you grumbled, slipping on a jacket.

"(Y/N), I need you to be more open to your sister," your dad scolded sternly. 

"What sister?" you shot back, walking out of the door. "Can we just go now?" 

Your father sighed in defeat, and followed you out the door.

* * *

(Bonus Scene)

The window was open. Perfect, he thought. He climbed up a tree that was next to (Y/N)'s bedroom window. Without warning, the branch bent dangerously, throwing him into the room. He landed right on some piece of robot. "Ow!" he whisper-yelled.

Now, where is it? He poked silently around the room, his black hair masking his moonlit face. He brushed a hand over the dresser, and found a piece of paper. An envelope. 

(Y/N) got in SFIT? he thought giddily. Shut up, he told himself. Just look for it. Right next to the envelope was some sort of box. He picked it up and shook it gently. It was definitely the broken necklace. 

He glanced over at your still figure. Moonlight washed over your sleeping face. He took a step closer. Stop, he thought. But he didn't care. He walked right over to you and brushed a stray piece of hair out of your face. You need to go and fix it before she wakes up! he reminded himself. So he tucked the blanket around you tighter, then kissed your forehead. 

"I'll have it fixed by tomorrow morning," he whispered out loud. "I promise."

* * *

Sorry for not updating a lot! :( Homework is attacking me xC

But which Hamada brother was it?! :D

You probably already know, heh. 

~Clover