Chapter Twenty-Six: The Helmet

The phone fell to the grass. "Hiro," you whispered. You grabbed the phone and sprinted through the trees. Tadashi was still under the tree, fast asleep.

"Tadashi!" you screamed, running towards him. He opened his eyes. "Huh? (Y/N)?" He sat up. "What's wrong?"

Paralyzed with fear, you dropped down on your knees. "Hiro. . . he's in trouble," you said, gasping for air.

"A bot fight?" Tadashi was fully awake now. 

"Worse," you whispered, staring at your phone. 

* * *

"How do you know where he is?" You hurried after Tadashi to the motorcycle parked at the curb.

"I put a tracker on his phone," Tadashi replied grimly. "You know, since he bot fights." He handed you a (F/C) helmet. "Get on."

You slid onto the motorcycle behind Tadashi. "Now, put your arms around me," Tadashi instructed.

"Um. . . that's awkward," you said, clipping on your helmet.

"Okay, but you're going to want to hold on to something." Tadashi took off like a rocket down the street.

You let out a screech as the wind ripped at your hair. Before you knew it, your arms were wrapped around Tadashi. 

"He's practically out of San Fransokyo," Tadashi said through gritted teeth. "That bonehead!" He sped up.

"Don't you think we should call the police or something first?" you called over the wind.

Tadashi didn't bother to answer, just stopped in front of a huge, abandoned warehouse. "Stay here," he said, and took off his helmet.

You grabbed his arm. "I'm coming with you."

Tadashi stared at you, then nodded. "Okay."

Before the two of you could even move, the door of the warehouse flew open and Hiro ran out, his eyes wild. 

"Hiro!" Tadashi yelled. "What is going on?"

Hiro's face was streaked with tears. "What are you guys doing here?" 

"What is going on?" Tadashi repeated.

"It doesn't matter. Get us home now," Hiro commanded. Tadashi didn't object, so Hiro squeezed onto the seat behind you, and immediately Tadashi took off. Something hit your helmet, and you looked up to see a man in a kabuki mask holding a handful of rocks. He was standing on the roof, a hand raised over his head like he was going to throw another rock.

"Who is that?" you murmured to yourself. 

"You know exactly who. I told you!" Hiro whispered into your ear, making you shudder. 

* * *

"Hiro!" Tadashi held his brother by the ankles. "Tell us now."

The three of you were huddled in the garage, the last bits of sunlight smeared across the sky. 

"I can't tell you," Hiro answered shakily. 

Tadashi set Hiro down. "Then what are you going to do about it, then?" 

"I don't know yet. But I bet Baymax can help." Hiro rubbed the back of his head.

Tadashi whacked Hiro's head. "I told you, he's a helper, not a fighter! If this is going to hurt any of us, then I'm not going to help you."

"Me neither," you said quietly.

Hiro's eyes glistened. "Fine." He got up and flung open a cabinet on the far wall. You were shocked to see a full-body suit. Hiro lifted out a purple helmet with a red stripe. "I'll do this myself." He put the helmet on his head, then strapped on matching armor. "Baymax said he would help me to help my. . . mood swings or something." 

Tadashi stared at his brother. "When did you make this?"

"While you were flirting with (Y/N). I'm going now." Hiro pulled down the face cover on his helmet. 

Tadashi gave you a look that said, He's going to get hurt. "Hiro," he said. "We'll come with you."

Hiro's eyes lit up. "Really?" 

You nodded. 

Hiro opened the cabinet again and pulled out a (F/C) helmet with a (S/F/C) stripe. Then he held it out to you. "I made this," he mumbled.

You hesitated. You could die in this.

You took the helmet.

* * *