Chapter Twenty-Two: Meeting Baymax

"Oh my goodness!" Cass exclaimed when you handed her the thick, creamy envelope. "Your father is getting married?" She flapped her hands like a wild duck, excitement lighting her eyes.

You smiled at her reaction and pulled off your bike helmet. "Well, yeah," you laughed as Cass tore the envelope open. She slid out the fancy paper and read it. "Well, I'd be delighted to go," she squawked, bouncing around like a little kid on Christmas.

Suddenly, the cafe door flew open. "(Y/N)!" Tadashi cried, scooping you up and spinning you around. "Guess what?"

"What is it?" you asked as he set you down gently. "Why are you so excited?"

"Come with me." Tadashi also looked like a little kid on Christmas. "You'll love it."

Hiro, who was standing beside him, rolled his eyes. "Just tell us already. I could be eating lunch right now. I'm starving." When Cass heard this, she immediately began piling pastries into Hiro's hands.

"Okay, okay." Tadashi grabbed both of your shoulders and nudged you upstairs. "It's my latest invention. I've been working on it since forever." He opened the door to the bedroom.

"Uh. . ." you stared around the slightly cluttered room. "That's it? Nothing seems to be different."

"Now, (Y/N), hurt Hiro," Tadashi instructed.

"What?" Hiro cried, as you nodded seriously and grabbed a handful of Hiro's fluffy black hair. You gave it a sharp yank and Hiro screamed.

"Good," Tadashi said approvingly, then a inflating noise filled the room. Before you knew it, a huge white. . . something was standing next to Tadashi's bed, blinking uncertainly.

"What's that?" You eyed it. It was huge, and it looked like a walking marshmallow.

"My invention! He's Baymax. Say hello, Baymax," Tadashi prompted, patting the robot.

"Hello," Baymax intoned.

"He's a healthcare robot. I programmed him to heal wounds and sicknesses! He's going to help so many people," Tadashi said, staring at his invention happily.

Hiro stared at Baymax. "Can he fight?"

Tadashi gave his brother a look. "Of course not! He heals, not hurts."

Hiro walked towards the door. "How boring."

Tadashi stared after his brother. "He's so unsupportive," he grumbled. "Baymax, you can deflate now." He turned to you, and his eyes lit up again. "(Y/N), don't you think he'll help?"

"Of course! He's amazing!" You gave Tadashi a hug. "You're a genius."

Tadashi hugged you back, his warm breath stirring your (H/C) hair.

Suddenly the door flew open again, and Hiro stepped inside. "Your dad's getting married?" he gaped.

"Well. . . yeah," you said awkwardly, pulling away from Tadashi.

"You mean, Hoshi's going to be your. . . sister?" Hiro shifted uncomfortably.

You nodded. "You like her?" you laughed, walking past him. You took the doorknob in one hand and glanced back at the brothers.

"No," Hiro said. "Well, she's nice, but I don't like like her."

"Right," you said disbelievingly. "You hugged her, that means something."

"You were just hugging Tadashi!" Hiro exclaimed. "So when's your wedding, huh?"

The door opened again, making you jump. It was Cass, holding two dresses. "Red or blue?" she said, beaming. "I'm so excited for the wedding!"

"They both look great," Tadashi said politely, and Hiro said, "It's not until another month."

Cass dismissed Hiro's comment with a wave of her hand. "It's good to start early. (Y/N), what do you think?" She shoved the two dresses into your face.

"Um." You laughed nervously. "I don't have a good taste in clothes."

"No kidding," Hiro mumbled. You kicked him in the shin, and he yelped.

"Why don't we go to the mall and look around? Summer sales, you know," Tadashi suggested.

Cass clapped the hangers together. "Great idea!" she chattered. "Boys, get in the car. (Y/N), do you want to come?"

"Sure," you replied.

Hiro gave his brother a glare. "Thanks a lot! I hate shopping."

Personally, you did too, but this time, you were going with the Hamada brothers.

Things were going to get interesting.

* * *

SHOUTOUTS! Thanks for noticing my message!

@BeccaLikesJellyBeans, @TillyTaleyTales, @kimfaustus! I think I'll do another one. . . :3

P.S. Thank you @TillyTaleyTales for the new cover!