[27] Agent Hayes

Wow, when Pres said MommaNate eats 'several donuts' during her weekly mall routine, she really undersold it. MommaNate, in fact, eats many 'several's. As in, she gets a whole box all to herself.

Say what you want about the woman, but she really does know how to live her best life. Because despite the weekly donut box she looks insanely beautiful. She's got such lovely hair, long and thick with visible grey streaks. And those eyelashes, damn. They're really something if I can see them from all the way across the food court.

At least now I know exactly which parent Nate took after- those cheekbones are iconic at this point.

Pres ducks her head lower and takes a long sip from her banana smoothie. "It's been over two hours, let's just call it a day, okay? We can still catch a movie if we quit now."

Jay shakes his head, frowning. "We just haven't found the right opening yet."

Of course, the two then spiral into a hushed argument, but I keep my eyes trained on the target. You never know when something will-

"She's on the move!" I exclaim, shaking Pres' shoulder.

The three of us quickly gather our things (all of Jay's shopping) and try to discreetly follow. 'Try' being the operative word, since we're neither invisible nor quiet. I don't know how MommaNate hasn't noticed us yet but as of now she still hasn't turned around and yelled 'stalker' so maybe we're doing something right.

We watch intently as she pauses in front of a salon. Again? Didn't she already go to a different one for her facial? I don't know nearly enough about salons to predict MommaNate's next move. Maybe she just likes the color of the display fabric? 

Ladies do that, I think. Mama always stops in front of random stores to take pictures of display things she finds pretty. 

Pres groans and collapses on one of the nearby benches. "She's getting a haircut."

Oh. Oh. The opening.

"Looks like I need a haircut," I announce, smiling wide.

Jay looks slightly confused while Pres gasps. She purses her lips, "no way, you don't have to cut your hair for this. Not at all, yours is so long and-"

"Too long," I interrupt. And it's true. "I've been meaning to get a trim for a while now, and there's no time like the present, right?"

Before she can protest any further, I twirl on my heels, striding towards the salon MommaNate entered a few minutes ago. It's a brightly lit place with a very clear 'forest' theme, the kind that has those fake ovular stones.

Hmm, looks a little too fancy. I really hope they don't require an appointment. Regardless, the first order of business: find the target.

I scan the room, my gaze jumping from person to person. After a couple false alarms, I spot her at the hair wash station, eyes closed. Before going there I have to clear the front desk first.

Glancing at the bamboo styled check-in station I accidentally make eye contact with the slender boy seated behind the desk. He gestures for me to come closer and smiles. "Hi! My name is Allan. How can we help you today?" 

He's so excited, like a golden retriever, or those puppies that can't sop wagging their tails. I put on my brightest grin, trying to match at least some of his energy. "I was hoping to change things up a bit, you know?"

He giggles and nods. "I know what you mean. Are you looking for just cutting and styling, or also thinking extensions, coloring, curling, etc.?"

Cutting and styling of course. Hm... wait... maybe not. I'm the only one in here, who's going to stop me? By the time anyone I know sees what I've done, it'll be too late.