Chapter 18

"This is really serious." Jasper runs his hand through his black hair blowing out a ragged breathe. I woke up in a bed with my arm covered in a cast yet again, and Jasper was sitting next to me nervously waiting for me to wake up. He questioned me profusely until I told him everything from start to finish.

"I know. I'm sorry I didn't know where else to go." I shrug suddenly feeling bad for putting all this onto him when he's still so young. I know he's a rogue so the council most likely has no record of him to track.

"It's not your fault." He gives me a half smile but his hazel eyes look worried. "You do know what this means if you're right?" He asks.

"It means there's going to be a war." I whisper admitting that if I'm right about the council people are going to want revenge and justice which also mean lives lost. Jasper only shakes his head with a grave expression.

"No it mean there is going to be a revolution." My stomach drops and even though I haven't eaten anything I feel like throwing up. I never wanted any of this. I never wanted to be a leader of something like this. Revolution is a word that holds a lot of responsibility and leadership that I don't think I'm capable of, but I'm not going to have much of a choice if it means protecting those I love and care about.

"What am I supposed to do?" I cry burying my face into my hands letting my long hair fall to create a shield hiding my face. I don't want anyone to see me breakdown.

"First we need a plan." He stands up and begins to pace in front of me, and I lay back on the bed staring at the ceiling. Why did I think him and I only being eighteen and like fifteen or whatever would be able to figure out how to take down a centuries old system without losing too many lives. "You said the council won't let you talk to your family?" He stops looking at me for confirmation.

"Yeah, but I have a untraceable phone at home to communicate with them if I need to, but I'm too scared that the council will somehow find out." I shrug feeling backed into a corner with this whole shit show. "I know they will help no matter what but they have their own packs to look after." He nods his hazel eyes zoning back out.

"What if you had a messanger?" I'm confused by his suggestion. Does he mean like a bird?

"What do you mean?" I tilt my head as he sits back down in the chair next to the bed.

"Someone who will run back and forth between all packs creating a silent information line." It's a good idea but I don't know who would want to risk getting caught by the council.

"That's a great idea but no one will want to risk that when the council can track them." They have records of every wolf in every pack so they could simple "check up" on them if they suspect something, which could go south very fast. We need a plan that is safe for everyone involved.

"The council can't track everyone." By the look on Jasper's face I can already tell where he is headed with this.

"Hell no! You are not putting yourself at risk for this, and besides you are too young." I shake my head frowning at him so he knows I'm not budging.

"I'm not "too young" to run a pack so I'm pretty sure I can manage this simple task." He rolls his eyes as my mouth drops. I mean I've pieced together that he park of a rogue group based on the other boys that were with him, but I never anticipated it was large enough to be a pack. Let along that he's running it.

"How big?" I lean over to look out the window near the bed but it's too dark to see anything. He chuckles running his fingers through his dark locks.

"Couple hundred." He shrugs as it's not that big of a deal. "All 'rogues' in the sense that the council doesn't know about most of them. Me and a few of my loyal warriors can be the messengers. We know the woods and how to blend into the background. I promise we won't mess this up." He pleads with hopeful eyes. I don't want to be putting him and his warriors at risk especially since he's still a child and I assume so are some of his friends.