Chapter 22

"We need to get them to the hospital!" I wail struggling to get out of Quentin's hold, but he just holds me tighter to his chest whispering reassuring words in my ear. Neither of them have any obvious injures that I can see, but that doesn't mean they are okay. Someone was able to knock them both out without us hearing or them being able to notify us in time, and that means we don't know how long they been in this state.

"They are going to be okay." Quentin's breath tickles my ear as he whispers into my ear, and I watch as Aidan reaches down picking Carl up and throwing him over his shoulder.

"Be careful!" I yelp as Fletcher does the same with Asher. Ryder leads us all back towards our pack with Della taking the back of the line watching out for any trouble. This wasn't how I envisioned our night ending. We were supposed to come up this a strategy to end this as peacefully as possible, but now it's very clear that's not happening.

"What happened?" Oliver greets us at the pack line with a few warriors who carefully take Carl and Asher before heading in the direction of the hospital. Breaking from Quentin's hold I run after them followed by Quentin and Ryder, but Aidan, Della, and Fletcher follow Oliver towards the pack house.

I'm so thankful that it's the middle of the night and everyone is home asleep so they don't have to see this chaos unfold in front of them. I see warriors stumble out of their houses disoriented and shift heading in all different direction.

"Just a precaution." Quentin places a hand on my lower back as we step into the hospital immediately greeted by a group of nurses indicating which room to go into. I need to thank them later for putting both in the same room because I don't know how I would have handled not being able to see what's going on with them both at the same time.

"Is this how you found them?" Parker appears hastily putting on his doctors coat and grabbing his stethoscope. The nurses continue to hook the boys up to monitors checking their vitals.

"Yes, but I don't know how long they were like this." I don't even realize I'm shaking until Quentin wraps a blanket around my shoulders pulling me into his chest.

"Let's get bloodwork done to make sure they weren't injected with something." Parker says to one of the nurses making my eyes widen. I didn't even consider that since it would be extremely difficult to sneak up on a Beta's son and a highly trained warrior.

"Heart rate and oxygen levels are good, and there's no sign of blunt force trauma." Another nurse informs Parker as she checks over Carl's head for any injures. I knew they weren't attacked too horribly since they had no blood surrounding them or on their clothes.

"Della said she needs us in the office." Ryder walks over to us looking flustered. I eye Asher and Carl still laying motionless on the hospital bed. "They're in good hands." Ryder assures even through I already know, but I'll feel an immense amount of guilt if Carl wakes up and I'm not here for him. Although Della wouldn't call us over if it wasn't important.

"Let's go." I interlace my fingers with Quentin's letting him lead us out of the room and down the hallway. Hopefully by the time we are done the bloodwork will be back so we can know what the problem is, or even better they'll wake up. It doesn't take us long before we are walking into one of the conference rooms where Aidan and Fletcher have a bunch of papers spread out on the table, and Della is by the window talking frantically to someone on the other end.

"What's going on?" I let go of Quentin's hand so he can shut the door behind us. Della says a quick goodbye to whoever she's talking to hanging up a smile taking over her face.

"We have a witness." She races over to the table writing something down on the piece of paper, and I walk around the table looking at all the papers spread out forming a timeline of all the council rulings and action over the last fourteen years.