CHAPTER 15

We walked in silence for a while before Rae started talking.

"So you want talk about what happened today?" Rae asked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"Kiara, I may not have known you for long but I have never seen you lose your cool when someone you care about gets hurt. Even when your sister was ambushed by Brittany and her minions back in school, you didn't break down like you did today at the clinic. I can tell it's more than that. What you said at the clinic, about not wanting to put Nick in anymore pain, it had a double meaning to it, didn't it? The only other time I've heard you say something with a double meaning was the day you were going back home after your parents died. What is going on with you, Kiara? And don't say it's nothing because it definitely is something." We stopped walking. I looked up then back at Rae.

"Everything that has been happening to the pack the past years, since the first time you got attacked, it's my family's fault. Everything that's happening to your pack, started with my family."

"OK, stop. You're not making sense. What do you mean? What does your family have to do with anything?" Rae asked in confusion.

"The person behind all the attacks on your pack, the leader of the rogues is my father's twin brother, my uncle. He's doing this for revenge for not being given the throne. He's the one the killed my parents because of something that wasn't entirely in their hands."

"I'm sorry I'm not following. What does this have to do with this pack? You're speaking in riddles."

"When my mother was sixteen, it turned out she had two potential mates who just happened to be twin brothers so she had to choose and she chose my dad. My uncle, of course wasn't happy even though he got a mate of his own. So he vowed to get revenge on my parents, for being passed over for the throne for my father and for my mother rejecting him in favor of my father. He also vowed to get revenge on my mother's pack because in his mind, they just stood by and let her choose his brother over him."

"Ok first, your father's brother is insane and doesn't make sense. And second, what has this story got to do with my pack again?" I sighed in frustration when she asked this.

"Raelynn, come on. You're smarter than that. Think about it." It suddenly then dawned on her.

"Oh my god. Your mom was a Shadow Pack wolf. (I nodded.) So that means you and your sisters are also..."

"Yep." I pulled down my top to show her the Shadow pack symbol, a Celtic wolf, just above my breast, over my heart. Rae pulled her shirt down as well the same symbol in the same place as mine.

"Wait, why does yours have a crown over it?"

"Because I'm a royal wolf. The symbol for royal wolf is a wolf with a crown on its head so the two just combined into this." I let go of my top and straightened it into place and Rae did same. We started walking again.

"Ok back to the topic. Why are you blaming yourself? This isn't your fault."

"Yes, it is."

"No, it isn't. Neither is it that of your parents or your sisters."

"Yeah, well, that makes one of us who believes that. Look, I can't talk about this now. Thanks for walking me here. I'm sure Alec is waiting for you so you can call Nicki to speak with her and see Jace. Say hi for me." We had reached the pack house. I then walked ahead and went straight to where Nick's room was. I knocked on the door before being told to come in. I entered and found him seated on a window seat by one of the windows in his room, reading. He turned and dropped the book when he heard my footsteps coming toward him. I sat facing him on the seat.