CHAPTER 17

An hour later, we were seated in the Glen Capri restaurant already done eating and just sipping at our wine and talking about random things. So far, everything was enjoyable minus the fact that every wolf among the restaurant staff including the manager was trying too hard to impress me that it was infuriating. But other than that I was happy. After a while I noticed a few couples dancing. I smiled when I saw an elderly couple dancing, looking so in love with each other still. For some reason, it reminded me of my parents.

"May I have this dance, my queen?" I looked up to see Nick standing beside the table and in front of me reaching out his hand as an invitation. I chuckled and smiled before answering.

"Of course." I placed my hand in his, getting up and joining the other couples on the dance floor. Just then the music changed to a particular waltz song I knew very well because it was the same one my parents danced to every time on their anniversary, 'Take My Breath Away'. When we were done dancing, everyone began applauding us. I looked around, nodding and smiling at everyone before looking back to Nick.

"You enjoying your night, babe?" He asked.

"Yes, yes, I am."

"I'm glad. Well, I have just one question to ask you tonight. (He went down on one knee and brought out a small red box from his pocket then opened it. I gasped at the sight in surprise.) I know you are wondering where the speech is. Well, I don't have one because no words can describe how I feel about you so now I just have one question to ask. Kiara Karen Silver, would you do me extraordinary honor of marrying and making me one of the happiest men ever?" He proposed. Tears pooled in my eyes and I started nodding before answering.

"Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes." I said over and over, laughing. Nick also laughed and placed the ring on my finger before getting back up and kissing me. We heard everyone applauding us once again and congratulating us.

On the way back, I was on cloud nine replaying the moment over and over and over again in my head. Soon we reached the pack house. When we entered Nick's room, I dropped my shoes and coat on the floor then turned to face Nick, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"You definitely made me one of the happiest women in the world this evening." I said.

"Not as much as you made one of the happiest men in the world." He replied. I smiled then pulled him down for a kiss before pulling him down to the bed with me and on top of me. As we made out, I pulled off his jacket and began unbuttoning his shirt, which caused him to pull his head back, breathing heavily.

"What is it?" I asked.

"If we don't stop now, I might not be able to stop and control myself any longer. And I don't want you to do something you may not be ready for or don't want to do yet." He said, trying to pull himself from me. I pulled him back to me and caressed his cheek.

"What if I don't want you to stop? I want this." I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"More sure than I've ever been in my entire life." I answered with a smile. He smiled back and leaned back down to resume kissing me. I rolled us over so I was now on top and straddling him, never breaking the kiss. Let's just say, the night get better and better for both of us and I didn't regret it one bit.

I woke up the next morning to find Nick propped on one elbow, looking down at me and brushing his other hand up and down my hip and thigh. I smiled up at him.

"You know, it's rude to stare at people, Alpha Mendez."

"My apologies, Queen Kiara. I could not help but admire your beauty."