CHAPTER 20

Kiara's P.O.V

It's been 3 weeks since Nick's parents came around to visit. Nicki's gone back to Spain with Jace to be with her mate and pack with the promise to definitely come back before the wedding. Everything's been pretty normal around the pack. There have been no attacks, no messages, nothing. Which is somewhat good for the pack but it still put me on edge. The full moon is tomorrow and I can't help but wish I could keep Nick and the pack away from the fight. Nick keeps trying to get me to talk to him since he can feel how on edge I was but of course I didn't want him to worry so I always told him I was fine but even I was having a hard time believing in my own words. As if that wasn't enough, I could feel something had changed inside me physically but I couldn't tell what. I was getting tired more easily than I always do among other changes but I brushed all these things off so I could focus on the battle that might take place tomorrow. I could worry about myself after that.

"Kiara, Kiara. Kiara." Korra said loudly, bringing me out of my reverie. We were sitting in the house we were staying in previously before we moved to the pack house.

"What? What is it?" I said, giving her my attention.

"Did you hear anything I just said?" She asked.

"Sorry, sis. What were you saying?" I asked.

"Are you ok, KK? You've been out of it all week? Is it because of what's gonna go down tomorrow?" Kara asked.

"Yeah. I don't want the Shadow Pack to be involved tomorrow. I wish there was a way to get them to not fight tomorrow. This isn't their fight." I said.

"We wish that too. They shouldn't have to fight our battle for us. If only there was a way to keep the fight away from them." Kara said.

"But we can't. Kiara, this started being their fight the day Richard ordered the first attack on their home. For them, this isn't just about protecting you. It's also about protecting their home and also fighting to keep their loved ones safe. Because as long as Richard lives, none of them are safe." Korra said.

"I know. Doesn't stop me from still worrying about them." I said.

"That's why we have the plan B that they don't know about if things get bad. Remember we have an advantage that Richard doesn't know of." Kara said. I smiled and nodded.

"Thanks guys, I don't know what I'd do without you." I said.

"Lucky for you, you won't ever have to find out." Kara said. We laughed softly at that.

"We have to go see Alana." Korra said.

"Right, I have to go train anyway." I said.

"Kiara, you've been going non-stop training all week. You need to take a break and relax. You're the one always lecturing everyone about taking it easy. Maybe you should take your own advice." Kara said.

"Girls, you know it's the only way I can keep my anxiety for tomorrow under control. I'll go crazy with worry if I don't train. Nick's been a little busy with meeting other pack to re-establish old alliances and stuff. Lately, there've been no meetings for me to go for so it's like I have nothing to do." The two of them sighed and nodded then left me in the house. I went upstairs into my old room to change into a pair of black sweatpants and a black sports bra then I went into one of the rooms which I had had transformed into a gym/training room of sorts.

An hour later into my workout, I felt the presence of someone in the room at the doorway. I stopped punching the practice dummy and looked up to see Nick leaning against the doorpost.