CHAPTER 23

9 months later...

"Hey, honey." I looked from my book as Nick entered the nursery.

"Hey, baby." He leaned down and kissed me then sat on the chair in front of me. "How was the meeting?"

"Exhausting. Goldstar Alpha wouldn't stop arguing with Whitestone Alpha. I almost tore their heads off. How did you handle them back when you were active?" I chuckled.

"Well, I kinda didn't have to. Everyone knew not to mess with me or try my patience. But with you, they're still trying to see if they can get you to crack under the pressure. You just gotta show them exactly who's in charge and that you're also not to be messed with." I rubbed my very hugely pregnant stomach as I spoke trying to soothe the violent kicks that the baby was making.

"Mm... thanks sweetie. So how's our little wolf doing?" He asked with a smile. His face always lights up when we talk about the baby.

"Fine, I think. Been kicking really hard a lot recently. Kinda hurts sometimes but we're both okay. I think it's because I'm around the due date." He nodded then knelt down in front of me, placing his hands on my stomach.

"Hey, don't be kicking so hard. You hurt your mommy a lot when you do that. You know your mom and I can't wait to see you. We wish you'd come soon so we can spoil you with all the love and kisses we want." I placed my hands on top of his and smiled as he continued to speak to our baby.

"So have you heard from Rayla and Antonio? They were supposed to get here yesterday." I asked as Nick helped me out of the rocking chair.

"Yeah, their flight's been delayed because it's the holidays. So they said, they might come tomorrow."

"I still don't get why they refused to come with the family jet."

"I don't get it either. They said they don't wanna impose since there could be a possibility where we would need the jet at the same time and what would we do then."

"They do realize we have three jets, right?"

"Four? I thought we had only two. The company's and the royal family's."

"Technically, they were six but I gave one each to Kara and Korra and one to Nicki, remember?"

"Wow."

"Yeah. So how long until your meeting with the elders about the new packs?"

"It's right now actually. Alec just sent me a text that they're in."

"Well then, what are you waiting for? Go, you shouldn't be late. And before you ask, I'll be with Rae. Going to her room right now."

"Alright, then I'll leave you there before I go for the meeting. I think I can spare two minutes." I sighed but nodded. He escorted me to Rae's room then gave me a peck before leaving for the meeting.

It was evening now and Nick was still in the meeting so I was in our room with Korra keeping me company.

"So how's Liam?" I asked in a teasing tone. Liam is Korra's mate. He's the Beta of the Malraux pack. They met at Nick's coronation which was a month after our wedding. Kara's already met hers too. Jordan Kyle, Alpha of Santa Fe pack in Mexico.

"He's fine. He's just been too busy of late. They've been dealing with a territory issue with the neighboring packs."

"Yeah, Nick told me about that. Elder Caius is supposed to be helping, isn't he?"

"Oh he is. It's the other packs who refuse to co-operate."

"I seriously wish I wasn't out of commission."