Chapter 4

"(Y/n)," Link said to you a bit quietly. He had woken up a few minutes ago and was hungry. He tried to cook something for himself, since he didn't want to wake you up. But in his attempt of cooking, he ended up making dubious food, and just the smell of it made him nearly puke. Seeing that he could not make anything he decided to simply wake you up, getting more hungry with each minute that passed by. "(Y/n) wake up."

You mumbled under your breath, shaking your head before rolling over to your side. It was safe to say you didn't want to get up at all. The crackling noise and warmth of the fire made you feel relaxed, which made it all harder to get up. Link whined slightly at this. He didn't want to be rude and force you to wake up just so you could make something to feed him, but he was getting irrational. He blamed his hunger for that.

"Can you make some food?" He asked, poking your shoulder. You buried your head into the fresh grass, trying to ignore his words. But it was of no use. It was your job to help him, and you guessed you had to help in this too.

"Fine," you grumbled, sitting up from the ground slowly. Your hair was a mess, and your face was a bit dirty from pressing it into the ground. Not to mention you still looked half-asleep, but you didn't care much about your appearance. You had no idea how you looked like anyway —since you had never seen your reflection— so why worry about it? As you rubbed your eyes with one hand, you used your other one to reach over to the satchel you got yesterday. You opened it and got the fruits you had stashed in there and began to take them out.

"Want me to help with something?" Link asked, even though he knew his cooking skills weren't the best thing in the world.

"No, I can cook on my own," you answered. "Good morning by the way."

"Ah, yeah," He said with a small chuckle. "Morning."

You began to mix the fruit on the pot that was over the fire. The combination went well, bringing to your nose a scent that certainly got you hungry as well. Once you saw that the fruit was simmered enough you took it out and placed it on a pot lid that was nearby. It would work as a plate for you both. Proud of the food you had made, you clapped before placing the "plate" between the two of you.

"There you go," you said to Link with a small laugh. You looked around, searching for a nearby pond, or puddle at least to wash your face. When you caught sight of a tiny lake you smiled and looked back at Link, who was already eating the food. "I'll be right back, leave some food for me."

"Hmph, no promises," Link muttered with a mouth full of food. He then began stuffing more of the delicious simmered fruit into his mouth. You simply rolled your eyes with a smile and walked towards the lake, which wasn't too far. When you got there you knelt and scooped up the crystal clear water. In fact, it was so clear that you could see bits of your reflection. You noticed your (h/c) hair, sticking out in many directions which made you laugh a bit. Well, I look like a mess. You were going to spend more time looking at yourself to study your features, but hunger soon came so you simply splashed the cold water on your face.

Once you were clean, you got up and managed to put your hair into a neat hairstyle and then went back to the fire. You hoped to be received with a pot lid still filled with food, but boy were you wrong. Instead, you saw an empty lid, with nothing but crumbs which Link was picking at before moving his wide blue eyes to meet yours. He let out a small 'heh' before sitting straight.

"I uh...can make you something?" He said with a sheepish smile.

You face palmed yourself and then shook your head. "No, no, it's alright. I'll just eat the fruit I didn't cook." You went over to your satchel and opened it, but the two fruits that you had left there were gone. You rose an eyebrow and turned to look at Link, who now seemed to be very interested with his hands. You scoffed at this.