Chapter 13

Link mumbled a few things under his breath, stirring from his deep sleep. He turned his body until he was lying flat on his back. He didn't want to wake up, that was certain, but he didn't have much of a choice. Slowly, his eyes fluttered open and he was met with the golden light of the sun shining into the cabin through the windows. He breathed out deeply, lifting himself from the bed with his elbows.

"(Y/n)?" Link asked in a deep husky voice. He turned his head, to look at where you were sleeping, but his eyebrows knitted together when you weren't there. This woke him up more quickly and he hurried out of bed. "(Y/n)?!" His eyes searched around the single room before hearing low grunts coming from outside. He rose an eyebrow and walked out of the cabin, eyes scanning the area before landing on you.

You huffed as your sword swung against the bark of a tree. The vibration that was sent through your arms made you flinch, but you didn't stop. You drove your blade back, twirling it around your hand before striking the tree again. This caused chips of wood to fly everywhere. Your breathing was getting heavy, and small beads of sweat trickled down your forehead. The arm that you had injured was aching and the pain that started to pulse through it almost made you drop your sword, but you kept yourself together. Pushing the discomfort away, you brought your sword down to the side of your leg.

"What are you doing?" Link asked as he slowly walked towards you.

You didn't recognise his deep husky morning voice, so you whipped around and rose your sword to him. "Oh, it's just you," you breathed out, lowering your weapon. You wiped away your sweat with the back of your hand, trying to control your breathing. "Getting my arm used to sword fighting again." You turned back to the tree and got ready to swing your sword again, but Link gently placed his hand on your shoulder.

"How long have you been awake?" He asked, reaching to grab the weapon from your hand.

"A few hours. Why?" You answered, raising an eyebrow as your weapon was taken away from you.

"Then you've practised enough. You can't push yourself too much (Y/n)," he stated, attaching the blade to the belt you had draped across your back.

You scoffed and shook your head, taking the sword out again. "I know, but my arm still needs to get used to the weight of my sword again, and the feeling of fighting," you commented, taking a deep breath before looking at the tree.

Link sighed and took a step closer. "Let me see your arm," he said, flickering his eyes down to your arm and then rising them back to you. You sighed and lowered your weapon, having it rest against your leg. You then lifted your arm, gesturing for him to see. Link chuckled and pulled your sleeve up, eyes coming down to look at your healed wound.

"Well congrats," he smiled, examining the scar you now had. He then stared into your eyes. "You know, if you want to get your arm used to fighting again you shouldn't practise on that." He jerked his head towards the tree, a grin spreading on his pink lips.

"And what do you suppose I practice on?" You asked, tilting your head as you grabbed ahold of your sword.

"Me," Link chirped, his grin growing. "This can count as that rematch you owe me."

You laughed, running your fingers through your hair. "Really?" You snickered, watching as his face lit up at the idea.

"Yes! Let me just get my sword," he said as he dashed back inside the cabin. You rolled your eyes with a smile and waited patiently for him. Before long he was running back with his sword in hand. "Alright, got it."

You chuckled and got into an on-guard stance. Both of your hands were on the handle of your sword, and a small smirk danced on your lips as you saw Link get into a similar sword stance. "If I lose I'm blaming it on my arm," you clarified. Your words made Link laugh quietly until a stoic face replaced his smiley features.