Chapter 12

It was weird when you woke up. You weren't met with the sound of Link berating you to make food. And that made you rise from your cushioned bed with a confused expression. It took you a while to remember where you were but in a matter of seconds, your mind went to Link. You jolted off the bed, quickly gathering all of your things then rushing out the empty bedroom. Before you even made it to the living room, you caught the scent of food.

This made you slow down and when you curiously peeked around the corner of the wall, you saw a table filled with delicious meals. Your jaw dropped as you examined the variety of food that was spread across the tabletop. You went towards it, your mouth-watering with each step you took.

"Oh, you're awake!" Alena chirped as she walked out of the kitchen. You turned to look at her shining grey eyes, which were crinkled from her sweet smile. You wondered how she managed to look so bright so early in the morning. "I made you breakfast."

"You made quite a lot," you pointed out, snickering just slightly at the end of your words. Nonetheless, you went towards a chair and sat down gratefully. Your eyes scavenged the countless number of plates that laid in front of you. Just the sight made your stomach rumble.

"I may have gone a bit overboard," she laughed. "But I figured you'd wake up hungry."

"Well you got that right," you said as you served yourself. "How long have you been awake?"

"Maybe an hour or so," Alena replied, following your example by serving herself as well. You nodded slowly to her words, taking a large spoonful of the flavourful food. The rich taste made you eat happily.

"Hmm, well the food is very delicious," you commented with a smile.

"I'm glad you think so!"

You directed your attention back to your meal. There was a long awkward silence between the two of you, which caused you to fidget in your seat uncomfortably. You tried to think of topics to talk about, but your thoughts were more centred on Link. You wondered if he had finished whatever it was he needed to do, though you doubted it.

"Link hasn't passed by yet, right?" You decided to ask, breaking the horrible silence.

"No," Alena sighed. "Does he usually take a long time?"

"Yeah," you answered, a smile tugging the end of your lips.

"Ah," she nodded, pushing away her empty plate before standing. "Well if that's the case, then why don't we take a walk around the village? I can show you around."

You looked up at her, your mouth hanging open as you thought. The suggestion made you smile since it would allow you to admire the village to a greater extent. "That sounds like a splendid idea," you replied. "Are there any shops around?"

"A few, why?"

"I need to buy some things," you responded with a light chuckle.

"Alright, would you like a change of clothes? I don't mind giving you some of my tunics and trousers," Alena offered wholeheartedly. You glanced down at the pyjamas she had given you the night before and nodded.

"If it's not too much trouble, then yes."

•••

You were amazed by everything Hateno had to offer. Not only was the area beautiful, but the people that lived in the village brought out beauty as well. Many villagers greeted you cheerfully, and their carefree moods affected you. Their lives, though simple, were filled with the joyful moments of interacting with one another and this caught your attention greatly.

"It's so beautiful here," you said to Alena as she led you around different parts of the village.

"I agree, but," Alena paused for a few seconds before speaking up again. "I'm starting to grow tired of Hateno."