Chapter 32

Author Note: Just wanted to answer a question I've been getting a lot in my pm's. As mentioned in the summary of my book, there are changes in my story, meaning I have added more villages and towns then the game has, and memory locations have changed to fit my book's storyline. Not everything will be exactly like the game because it helps the story be less predictable. Now, with that out of the way, I wanted to tell you guys that school has ruined my writing schedule even more :( It'll take me longer to write chapters, but I'll try my best to continue! (:

   •••

Alena swallowed hard as she held her sword out. She had used the weapon several times before, but the experience she had acquired during her travels left her brain as she watched you take your place just a few feet in front of her. Your eyes burned into her, and she could even feel Link's usual calm eyes examining her closely. She glanced to the left, seeing the blonde boy with his back against a tree, staring at her with anticipation.

"Ready?" You asked as your grip on your sword's handle tightened. Your (h/c) hair was pulled into a ponytail, so it wouldn't distract you as you duelled with Alena. The nervousness the other girl felt made your eyes soften. "I'll go easy on you if you want."

"No," she shook her head. Alena peered down at her sword and took a deep breath. "Don't hold back." The whole point of having a practice sword fight with you was to see where she needed to improve. And if you went easy on her, she'd never know that. Gulping once more, the girl raised her head, as if to show her preparedness.

You arched an eyebrow and stood straight. "If you say so," you shrugged, holding your sword out. The girl held out hers, having the two metal weapons meet. You grinned, a fiery gleam flashing over your eyes as Alena regained her composure. She gave you a small nod, and without a word, you slashed the air with your sword. The sharp sound of metal cutting the air sounded like music to your ears, and Alena responded by copying your movements.

The sound of metal clashing against one another filled the atmosphere, bringing vibrations to your hand. The sensation tickled at first, but you then ignored the feeling and pushed your blade forward. Alena's remarkable reflexes helped her parry your sword and twist to the right. You stumbled forward slightly, however, you were quick to regain your balance. Whipping around to face the girl, you raised your sword once again and charged at her.

Alena inhaled sharply when you came at her. Normally, she would side-step and avoid your attack, but she didn't want to cower. Holding her ground, the brunette lifted her sword and blocked your strike. A tiny squeak escaped her parted lips when you began to push down, causing her knees to buckle ever so slightly. Under the pressure, Alena felt her muscles shake. She knew that she couldn't hold this position for long, therefore, using the strength she had, she held the sword's handle with two hands and thrusted forward.

A smirk played on your lips when you saw her thrust at you boldly. If she had pushed forward a little harder, she would've been able to beat you, but that wasn't the case. You slid your sharp sword down, to the base of her blade. With one complex twist, you were able to do a downward thrust, causing her sword to clatter out her hand. You were about to raise the tip of your sword and press it against her exposed chest gently, but Alena seemed to understand your intentions.

The girl jumped back, her determined grey eyes glued on the sword that skidded to the right. Lunging toward it could result in you hitting her with the flat of your blade, and the duel would evidently be over. However, if she did nothing, she ran the risk of losing either way. The odds weren't in her favour, but out of impulse, she lunged toward her sword. She extended her hand, reaching out for her blade as she saw your sword coming at her.