Chapter 17

"What are you doing here?" Muzu asked harshly, not at all sparing Link and you a glance. He turned his body away from you two and breathed out heavily. "I have no desire to speak to you."

"Muzu, I think you should be more considerate to our guests. Especially Link," Sidon stated, taking a step towards the older Zora.

"Why should I?"

"Because Link, the man who stands here," the Prince gestured towards him. "Is the one whom my sister, Mipha had feelings for. Ever since I was small, I would hear my father tell stories about my sister's undying love for a Hylian named Link."

Link raised his eyebrows in surprise. He looked at you, seeing the same expression on your face. When Muzu heard this, he shook his head in disbelief and directed his hatred filled eyes towards Link. He started to burst out in anger, completely disagreeing with anything Sidon said. As this tantrum of his continued, you noticed Link looking at the large statue before you intently. A familiar offset stare came over his eyes, which caught the attention of Prince Sidon and Muzu almost instantly.

"What's wrong with him?" Sidon asked, flickering his attention to you. "Is he unwell?"

You shook your head, following Link's gaze. The statue he was looking at closely was of Mipha, the other Champion. Her immortalised sculpture was beautiful, captivating even, and you too stared at it for a few seconds before responding to Prince Sidon. "He's remembering," you breathed, glancing up at the Prince. Sidon was going to question this, but Link's sudden gasp stopped him from doing so. The blonde boy slumped to the side, but you caught him quickly. "Hey, you alright?" You asked him with a concerned look.

"Y-Yes," Link responded, nodding his head slowly. He looked back and forth between Muzu and Prince Sidon. "I remember her. Your sister."

"What?!" Muzu shouted, taken aback by his words. "Do not mistake me for a fool, Hylian! There is no way you remembered her just now. Without any solid proof, I cannot take you at your word. Until then I will not be sharing any information on how you can accumulate shock arrows." The Zora huffed and turned away, wanting to ignore Link once again.

"Muzu... look at what he is wearing!" Sidon exclaimed, pointing to Link's clothes.

Muzu narrowed his beady eyes at Link before letting his jaw hang. "Eh?! What in the... That is the Zora armour from before! Lady Mipha made that by hand... and yet it fits you perfectly!" Muzu stared at the attire in disbelief. He then shook his head, raising his eyes to meet Sidon's. "What is the meaning of this?"

"Now you understand, do you not? Now you know who her heart belonged to and who she made this special armour for. The fact that this armour fits Link perfectly should be proof enough that Mipha made it for him and him alone!" Sidon explained, hoping to make Muzu understand. "You have always disliked Hylians, even before the Great Calamity. That is why Mipha never told you. Muzu... now that you know this you must help him. Please, tell us where we can find the shock arrows we need."

"Hmph. I never would have imagined she would make that special armour for one such as he...," Muzu trailed off, turning his attention to the glowing statue of Mipha. By the look of his face, you could tell he was remembering her. He then huffed and turned his gaze towards Link and you, though this time his eyes didn't carry much anger and hatred. "I do not approve of asking for help from a Hylian, but I suppose it is our only option at this point. I am a proud Zora. That means I must take responsibility for my unwarranted behaviour toward the two of you."

Muzu lifted his head and breathed out. "That tall mountain over yonder... It is called Ploymus Mountain, and there you will also find Shatterback Point. There is an awful beast there that shoots volley after volley of shock arrows. Even a single one could be fatal to a Zora."