Two of us - John

"John come on we're going to miss it!" You yelled through the door of the coffee shop where John worked.

"I'm just coming Willow, I just need to lock everything up." It was johns night to shut the café and you two had decided to catch a film. The only trouble is, John loved to take his time. You kept pestering him and telling him you would miss the movie but that only seemed to slow him down more.

"There's no use now John, we've missed it." You sigh whilst sitting on a wooden chair by the window.

John looked sad but gave you some reassurance. "It's ok Wills, we'll catch it another time." He rubs your shoulder and goes over to the counter.

"Latte?" He questions. This brings a smile to your face and you take him up on his offer.

As John is making your drinks you admire the artwork on the walls. They were bright and colourful, full of life and beautiful. Only you knew that most of them were by John, and it made you sad that he doubted his talent, he certainly was good.

Your boyfriend comes back to your table and hands you your drink. As you take it from his hands he goes over to switch on some twinkle lights that sat just above your head. Before you took a sip of your latte you noticed John had written something in cream on top of your drink.

'I ♡ Willow'

"Aww Johnny that's so sweet." Your smile ignites again as John sits across from you and stares. You begin to wonder what he's looking at. "What? Do I have something on me?" You say, scanning yourself.

"No, your fine, you're more than fine. You're perfect." It made you so happy to hear that. Sometimes you wondered if john's love was genuine, he was so perfect. He has girls jumping at him all the time and the fact that he chose you still surprises you.

You get up and go to sit on john's lap. Sitting down, he puts his arms around you and you lean into his shoulder. This moment was perfect, much better then any crappy movie you could have seen. You felt as if you were living in the film, it was all too perfect.

You and John gaze into each other's eyes as you close the gap between the two of you. His kiss tasted like coffee and his hair smelt like autumn. The dimly lit café was so peaceful. You couldn't remember the last time you felt so loved and appreciated.

"I love you Johnny."

"I love you a latte."

X——————————X

A request for a friend x
If you like John fanfics then I've just started one for him. Go check it out!
-☀️