Birthday 3/4 - Paul

"Honey"

"Honey"

"Honey"

"Honey"

"Honey"

"Oh my god Paul what the hell do you want? Birthdays are supposed to be calming!"

"I have a surprise for you" he smiles sweetly, in comparison to the pissed rage he was hollering two seconds ago.

"Oh a surprise for me?" You cheer sarcastically.

"Right. Close your eyes." He sticks his sweaty palms over my eyelids and pushes me through the door and down the hallway. He shoves me so my bum lands thoroughly on the bottom of the stairs.

I feel Paul slip socks on my feet and lace my shoes on me, touching the souls of my feet.

"Paul it tickles!" He chuckles as I blindly try to get him off of me.

"Ok follow me" he keeps one hand over my eyes and one on my back, guiding me outside.

"Paul where the hell are you taking me?" I laugh in excitement and fear.

"Hold on! we're nearly there" we continue to stroll, I hear grass crunch below me.

"Right... open!" I slowly snap my eyes open, it takes a while for my corneas to adjust to the light but once they do a wide grin appears on my face.

Wild flowers of yellow and green were pressed amongst blue and red plants, a stunningly, tall, wooden oak tree stands proudly in the middle of the soft meadow we were placed in. Under the falling leaves of the oak tree lay a white, lush picnic blanket. Sandwiches and desserts piling on top of it delicately. Paul wraps his arms around my waist as I admire the scene in-front of me.

"Paul.... it's... it's....."

"I know" he whispers in my ear, his hot breath sticking to my neck.

"Come on, ice creams melting" he stands in-front of me and offers his hand. I take it and he leads me over to the blanket.

We quickly dig in to the food, talking and admiring each-other.
The sun begins to set over our heads as we lay under the tree, holding each other quietly. Paul plays with my hair as I play with golden band around his wrist.

How sweet.