Something - George

"George, I can't believe this is all for me." Amelia grabs George's hand and pulls him close.
George had thrown a leaving party for his girlfriend that he loved dearly. She was leaving back to her home town in America to live with her family for a little bit, after spending the year in Liverpool with George and his band. They had met backstage at one of their concerts. He couldn't get her out of his head, eventually they tracked her down and fell in love. The rest is history.
"Better believe it luv. You deserve the best. I want my last memory with you to be the best." George replies putting his hand on her waist.
"I'm not dying George! You will see me again in a year and I'll write everyday. I promise."
"I know, I know but I can't go a day without seeing you baby." George leans in for a kiss.
"Ok, party goers. I'm just gonna pause the music for a quick minute as Me and a few other of Amelia's friends would like to say some goodbye words" Paul's, who was acting as a DJ, voice blared through the speakers.
"Oh no" Amelia says while burying her face in George's chest. "I thought I might be able to get through this without being an emotional wreck. Did you know about this George Harrison!?" Amelia suddenly lifts her head up, giving George a suspicious look.
"Maybe, come on let's go listen." George drags her by the hand to go stand in the living room which was apparently party central. Everyone had gathered round the DJ table.
"Ok now the guest of honour is in the room. Let's begin first up is..." Paul checks the list. " Oh would you look at that, the brilliant, talented, wonderful Paul McCartney, please would you come on up" Paul takes his headphones off and walks to the empty space in the room that was clearly meant to act like a stage. Everyone is clapping and cheering for him. He stands there, loving the attention. Pretending to be modest. Waving at the crowd to quiet down then gesturing with his hands for them to cheer again.
"Ok ok enough messin round you lot, time for serious Paul..."
Amelia swallows, and leans closer to George. Bracing herself for the emotional rollercoaster that's coming next.
"Amelia. Ams. Ammy. My best friend. Your leaving! Yay!" Paul throws his arms up and walks off stage. The guests laugh including Amelia. "No in all seriousness. Amelia come up here it's a lot easier talking directly to you." Paul's whole tone had changed. Amelia sighs and starts walking over to Paul, who has walked back to the stage area. "Amelia. Oh God this is hard. Ok here I go. Ever since you walked into our dressing rooms backstage. Decked out in all our merchandise. Well I thought... well to be honest, I thought you were just another screaming fan." Amelia gives a slight chuckle. "However when you left and I went to talk to my good friend George, I saw he was smitten with you. At first I thought, ah he's gonna get over her. He's gonna find another pretty gal and completely forget about you.  But no. He was stubborn. He wrote countless songs about you. He genuinely couldn't get you out of his tiny little mind. Soon everything he said was something to do with you. Something that hasn't changed." Paul turns to look at George. "And then we eventually found you. God that was some hell of detective skills finding you. Bordering stalkerish really." Paul's eyes began to tear up. Amelia noticed and her eyes began to tear up to. Humour was Paul's way of dealing with sadness so she hadn't expected what he said next. "You became our best friend. We all love you. You're our little sister. And I don't know how me, Johnny and Rings are gonna cope without seeing you everyday never mind Georgie over there." His voice broke. He couldn't go any longer. Instead him and Amelia just embraced each other.
"God Paul. First speech and I already am in floods of tears. How am I gonna deal with more." Amelia pulls away from the hug. Her face all red and blotchy." You are all acting like your never gonna see me again. I promise a year will fly by."
Next John and Ringo came up. They said some sweet words that made Amelia cry even more. They hugged for even longer before George piped up.
"Oi, is it my turn yet!?" Amelia looked into the crowd. George was there, already with tears in his eyes." John and Ringo go stand with Paul in the corner.
"Oh George . I don't. I don't think I can face another speech. Especially not from you." Amelia says through sobs.
"Good thing neither of us is gonna speak then." George comes over to Amelia and grabs her waist. He then signals at the band, they start to play the song Something.
"Oh my George." Amelia is lost for words. Her and George just away slowly to the music. George whispering the lyrics in her ear. Sometimes he breaks into tears but quickly composed himself. "You promise when you come back, you'll never leave me again?" George whispers into her neck.
"Don't worry about that. You make it impossible to leave George Harrison" Amelia whispers back. Her head leaning on his shoulder.
"Good" is all that George replies. The song slowly comes to and end. All the couples stop dancing and clap. They had created a circle around Amelia and George.
"Hey George." Amelia glances at her watch. " I think, I think it's time we leave for the airport" Amelia stutters. She had been dreading this moment.
"Oh ok. Hang on." George clears his throat getting everyone's attention.
"Ok guys the moment has come. Em we need to head to the airport now. So say your last goodbyes." George starts tearing up again and the boys go over to comfort him. Amelia has headed upstairs to grab her suitcases.
"We can go help Amelia, you can just get the car started." Paul says patting George's shoulders.

Eventually the five of them are in the car. Paul, John and Ringo in the back. George driving and Amelia in the passengers seat. The whole way to the airport George had one hand on the steering wheel and one hand on Amelias hand.

X————————————X

I get by with a little help from my friends
Y'Know who you are 😂
-☀️