ten

We walked into her room and her mom immediately yelled at Harper, who didn't seem phased in the slightest.

"You wake me up and tell me before you go anywhere." Her mom finished her yelling spree, making me glance to Harper, who was laying on the couch, covering herself up.

"Harper, are you listening to me?" She yelled.

"Mom, what did you want me to do? You're fucking sedated from the medicine when you sleep, you never wake up when I try- I went to get fucking tampons, that's not something that I can sit here and wait on" Harper spoke back.

"You get your attitude from your fucking dad" her mom spoke to her, making Michael stand.

"Wow" is all Harper could say.

"Ladies" michael spoke slowly.

They both looked to him, Jennifer looking as if he was saving the day and Harper looking as if she could kill him.

"Jennifer, you need to rest because the chemo you're receiving soon is going to knock all of your energy out of you-" "I would be resting if Harper hadn't went missing for an hour and a half" her mom interrupted him.

The hormones in this room were clashing way too much for my liking.

And poor Harper was clearly just trying to nap.

"She's back now, everything is good" michael spoke, trying to calm the situation.

"But I deserve respect, not an attitude from my daughter-" "she's tired, Jennifer" I spoke, trying to make Jennifer chill and just let everything go away.

"Well I'm tired too! I'm tired and worried about my child and all that she can do when she gets back is catch an attitude, no apology or anything" her moms voice cracked.

"Okay" michael spoke, knowing the tears were coming.

"Harper- can you apologize to your mom?" He tried to diffuse the situation, but Harper slowly turned to look to him, blinking slowly.

"For-" "Harper" I spoke, cutting her off because I knew this wouldn't end well.

"How about you and I go on a small ride, I'll show you around town and we can get breakfast" I suggested.

Harper immediately stood, following me without another word.

We got into my car and she spoke.

"How do I get her moved to a different hospital?" She asked, making me look to her quickly.

"Harper-" "Luke, shes dramatic and we fight sometimes, but this is a new level." She spoke.

"She's picking fights and shes doing it to get attention from Michael, and I'm betting you that she's going to end up ruining our relationship in the process, so while we have the little bit of relationship that we do, I'd like to leave." She spoke to me slowly.

"Michael is her primary doctor, any hospital is going to request all of her information from him, so you have to talk to him and get him to agree"

I watched her shoulders drop.

"Harper, I know it's hard right now, but it's going to get better, it won't be like this forever"