12. Snowed Out

Emily woke up the next morning, knowing that something was wrong. When she went into the spare room and found it empty, she knew that the Boogie Boys went with the twins. She didn't eat breakfast, and being the only person up, it didn't cause a problem. She went directly to Veronica's house and threw a rock at the window. Veronica looked out the window, nodded and disappeared. A few moments later, she appeared at the front door and walked over to Emily.

"They left, didn't they?" she asked.

Emily nodded.

"Are we gonna go after them?"

Emily shrugged. "I don't think they want us too follow them."

Veronica nodded.

"They'll be fine," said Emily. "They can take care of themselves."

Veronica walked back inside her house. Emily sighed and walked back to hers. When she got to the front step, she looked into the horizon. She could see the outline of the three Boogie Boy's house. With a disappointed sigh, she walked into her house.

^^^

"Where are we going?" asked Lock.

"This is way past our tree house," said Barrel.

"I'm beginning to feel threatened," said Shock.

The five had been walking for a while. They had went past Lock, Shock, and Barrel's house and into the dark woods beyond. Molly and Jacob said nothing, but kept walking, which urged the Boogie Boys to follow. When they reached a clearing in the midst of eight trees. The Boogie Boys knew where they were instantly.

"Oh no," said Lock.

"This is bad," said Shock.

"I hate this place," Barrel mumbled.

Molly and Jacob walked over to a tree with a tree on it and opened it. Snowflakes fell out.

"Get in," said Jacob.

"Why?" asked Lock.

"Because I said so," said Jacob.

"Why?" asked Shock.

"Because if you don't we'll kill you," said Molly.

"Why?" asked Barrel.

"JUST GET IN!" shouted both twins angrily, their eyes flashing.

"Okay, okay you could have just said so," said Lock. Slowly, the three Boogie Boys climbed into the tree.

"Wait," said Barrel. He was the last one to get in. "Why are you putting us in Twinkle Town?"

"Don't ask questions," said Jacob. Forcefully, he shoved Barrel into the tree.

A few moments later, Barrel landed with a plop in a mound of snow. He looked around and saw Shock and Lock sitting next to him, pouting.

"Why the grumpy faces?" asked Barrel. "We know how to get out."

"Try," said Lock.

Barrel shrugged and walked over to the tree they exit in. Almost instantly, he was blown back and landed in the snow again.

"I hate those twins," Shock mumbled.

"It. Is. So. Freaking. Cold," said Lock, shivering.

"That looks warm," said Barrel. He pointed to a building not too far away.

Shock, Barrel, and Lock got up and walked towards it. Once they got to the door and knocked on it, an old lady answered.

"Trick-or-treat," they said timidly.