Meeting Lucus and Saying Good-bye

Katherine's P.O.V.

After we were done at the Carlton's we then went to the police station.

"Now, I'm sorry but what does the wildlife arrive care about an accidental drowning?" The sheriff asked, taking a seat in his chair behind his desk.

"You sure it's an accident? Will Carlton saw something grab his sister." I said, recalling what the young man told my brothers and I.

"Like what? Here, sit, please. There are no indigenous carnivores in that lake. There's nothing even big enough to pull down a person, unless it was the Loch Ness monster." The sheriff insisted, making a snippet of a joke at the end.

"Yeah, right." Dean said.

"Will Carlton was traumatized, and sometimes the mind plays tricks. Still, we dragged that entire lake. We even ran a sonar sweep just to be sure, and there's nothing down there." He added.

"That's weird, though. I mean that's the third missing body this year." Dean insisted.

"I know." Sheriff said. "These are people from my town. These are people I care about."

"We know." I said kindly.

"Anyway..." He said sighing. "All this- it won't be a problem much longer."

"What do you mean?" Dean questioned before I could answer.

"Well, the dam of course." Sheriff said.

"Of course. The dam. It's a uh... It sprung a leak."

"It's falling apart, and the FEDs won't give us the grant to repair it, so they opened the spillway. In another 6 months, there won't be much of a lake. There won't be much of a town, either, but as federal wildlife, you already knew that." Sheriff said, giving us a rather suspicious and odd look.

"Exactly." Dean said, and I laughed in my head at him. This boy didn't know a damn thing about any dam. I did though- see unlike boys, I do research.

"Sorry, am I interrupting?" A soft voice said at the door. I turned to see a dark haired women with a little over shoulder length hair. "I can come back later." She said. and the boys stood up. Reading their minds, you could definitely tell the difference between the two brothers- Sam was just worried that Dean might do something stupid and Dean, well.. was thinking like Dean.

'Perve' I sent him the thought.

"Gentlemen, ma'am, this is my daughter." Sheriff said, introducing the skinny girl.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Dean." Dean smiling, shaking her hand.

"Andrea Bar. Hi." She said, taking his hand with a smile.

"Hi." Dean replied.

"They're from the wildlife service about the lake." Sheriff said sadly. I read his mind, her husband was one of the ones who drowned. I gasped silently so only Sam would hear.

"Oh." She said, as a little boy popped out from behind her leg. She had a good poker face.

"Hi there sweetie, what's your name?" I asked bending down to his level. But he was shy and walked away. I smiled sadly and stood up. Andrea looked at me with sad apologetic eyes, and walked into the hallway with her son.

"His name is Lucas." The sheriff said.

"Is he okay?" Sam asked.

"My grandson has been through a lot. We all have. Well, if there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know." The sheriff said, nodding to us.