Chapter 22

Hello my lovely readers! 

I hope you will like this chapter and show me your support by voting and commenting on it. I love to read your comments and I would love to also hear your thoughts about what you have in mind about this story and what you wish to read more about in this story. 

I just want to clarify that this is my first story. I'm not the greatest writer, but I am here to improve myself and give you a good story! 

Enjoy!

**** 

Mayas POV

Getting out of bed the next day was difficult. With a throbbing head and tiresome shoulders, I finally got out and walked into the bathroom to wash myself. Somehow, I must have been doing something wrong yesterday, otherwise, I couldn't quite fathom what else made my body ache this way suddenly. I felt tired and didn't feel like doing anything at all. Luckily it was Friday today, so I only had to go to work for a few hours at the café and then I could go home and relax. Tomorrow I was taking James with me over to my parent's house. They wanted to meet him as he was the one responsible for my success at the exhibition.

Right at this moment I didn't feel like taking James with me. I suddenly remembered what this would mean. James would meet my family and he would or wouldn't like them. What was I supposed to do now? I got nervous by the mere thought of him disliking my family.

So, what if he doesn't like them? It's not like he's going to be their son-in-law. He is just going to meet them because it is a polite thing to do. You are friends, remember? Nothing more...

My brain was trying to reason with me, but I still felt bummed just thinking about it.

Anyhow this wasn't the time to ruminate about such things. Right now, I had to get dressed so I could go to work.

When I left my home and arrived at the café, I saw my coworker, Jane wave her hand at me when she caught me smiling at her. She was standing behind the desk serving a customer. The customer seemed familiar, but I only saw the back of the man. I walked closer to Jane and met the customers face. His tall figure, the short blonde hair, and the slight stubble on the chin and along the cheeks. It was definitely him.

I froze in my footsteps when I realized that the customer was Oliver. The very Oliver, who was my boyfriend for six months, cheated on me with that blonde woman because I wasn't good enough for him and because he couldn't deal with the fact that I wanted to save myself before marriage. Oliver seemed to be surprised too, as we hadn't been in contact for some years now. He wouldn't know that I worked here.

Jane handed Oliver his order. As I remembered from our first time of dating it was the usual cappuccino he had ordered. It had exactly one shot of espresso added with steamed milk, then finally added with two to three centimeters of micro-foam on top of the steamed milk. He reached out for the cappuccino all the while he was trying to avoid my piercing gaze.

Yeah, keep going mister. I know you don't want to meet my eyes after what you did!

I mentally scolded him further on with a couple of curses too. But somehow what I said in my head didn't really come out of my mouth. Instead, as typical me, I came out with a sweet sentence. Because that's how I was. 

I was so bad at telling people how I truly felt. I couldn't bring myself to hurt other people. I always seemed to be polite and humble even though people walked all over me. I wanted to punch myself for doing that, but that's just how I worked. I was always a nice girl.

"Hi, Oliver" I smiled at him with a, not a genuine smile, but somehow a polite one.

He looked a little startled at me and nodded and said my name as an answer.