| Six

"I'M CATCHING on, so this is just a temporary situation that is meant to make certain people jealous?" May asked confusedly.

"Yes! Exactly. Harven wishes to make Lana want him again, and I want to show Ethan that I do not need his cheating self." Emery shrugs, glad to be done with the explaining part of this entire ordeal.

The bell rings, signaling first period.

"Okay, I get it, good luck." May chuckles dryly. Emery huffs and sends pathetic eyes her way.

"I'm gonna need it."

________________

Lunch finally rolls around, much to Emery's relief. She was ready to eat alone without the intimidating eyes of her peers.

Of course, Emery was met with Harven as soon as she exited her classroom.

Emery continues to walk right past him in effforts to avoid him. They are to no avail when she hears her name being called behind her.

Go ahead, she thinks, draw even more attention to us.

" We're sitting together today girlfriend." He smirks while falling into step beside her. She grimaces at his words.

"Stop calling me girlfriend." She says flatly.

"Oh? What would you prefer: baby? No wait! Babygirl." He nods in mock satisfaction, but exploding inside because he cannot believe he just said that.

"No! Even worse. Emery is just fine." She nods, opening the doors to the cafeteria, when Harven is quick to step through.

"Don't mind if I do." He cuts in front of her. She rolls her eyes at his smug face. She wonders where he threw his manners.

The cafeteria is buzzing with voices all around. Upon them entering, it quiets down, not extremely but it's noticeably quieter.

Emery almost turns around and runs right back through those doors. It is so very tempting.

But Harven proves just fine, he slaps hands with some of the guys on his way to the lunch line, and walks in his infuriatingly slack way.
Like this is normal.

Actually, it is. For him anyway. Emery has a hard time remembering that.

She kind of hugs herself, standing in the line. Hands from behind her start to drag them away.

"Hey! Hey-"

"Relax, take your hands off. You look very suspicious." Harven says.

She lets him drag them down and shakes her head. She hurriedly grabs her plate in efforts to have her hands do something that is not biting her nails.

Harven starts to head to his table, where a lot of guys are seated. At Emery's hesitation, he turns around.

"Are you coming?" He asks.

"Y-yeah. I'll be right there." Emery says, taking off in May's direction.

"May look where I have to sit!" Emery's furrowed eyebrows and frown gesture towards the overwhelming amount of testosterone machines at the table across the room.