| Sixteen

HARVEN WALKS around the cafeteria, looking for a certain person that he know will be able to help him. He spots the familiar dark buzzed hair. Harven rushes over and takes a seat beside the boy.

"Hey, um- Dylan, right?" He looks into the boy's eyes through his glasses. They're the silver wires ones.

"Yes..." The boy is fidgety and glancing around nervously, like this may be some elaborate joke. You may be wondering, like Dylan, why Harven approached him.

Dylan is a technology expert. Everybody at school knows that he has amazing skills. He's quiet, but his brain is incredible. When the system got hacked, everybody speculated that it was him, which hasn't been proved wrong to this day. Bottom line: he can get into anything.

"I need your help tracking a post. I need to know which device it came from." He tells Dylan, who has become more comfortable.

He smiles at the mention of "post" and "tracking." Dylan turns to his computer, opening the site it was posted on.

"The user?" Dylan asks, ready to type.

Harven hesitates, scratching the back of his head. "Um- well, Harven with three hearts." He looks away from the other boy. The boy gives him a skeptical look, nonetheless he quickly types it in, doing his magic and tracing the vile picture.

Harven doesn't know about anything he does after that, but eventually there's a red dot on the screen and it bounces against the right side of the screen. Above it says "PROXIMITY: CLOSE"

Dylan furrows his brows and gets up with his computer, starting to walk to the right.

"It's very close." He says, and Harven follows him, keeping an eye on the screen. The dot begins to bounce on the top of the screen, signaling forward.

When they reach a table, the dot starts blinking. The bold words have changed to "DEVICE FOUND"

When Harven looks up, he can't say he's surprised.

It's Lana.

Dylan hurries off with his computer, returning to his own table.

"You little bitch." Harven shakes his head, stunned.

Lana scoffs. "Excuse me?" She responded, placing her long, fake claws on her chest.

"You made the picture. Of Emery," He stated, cocking his head, "Why?"

A moment of realization and slight worry crosses her eyes. Though she quickly composed herself, furrowing her brows in mock confusion. "I don't know what you're talking about-"

"Im not in the mood for the lies, Lana." He says, making sure his anger stays at a minimum. It gets harder by the second.

She narrows her eyes. "Okay, Fine. I did. I told her it would get worse and she didn't listen. Oops?" She rolls her eyes.

"Were you jealous?" Harven smirks knowingly.

"Definitely not-"

"You knee deep down that I would choose her, right? I wouldn't come back to you." He tempts. Her mouth opens slightly.

"What? You're-"

"Exactly right? Well you'll regret it soon enough. I have proof and what you did to Emery was not cool with me." He seethes. Turning away from the shocked girl.

He hopes she knows how lucky she is to be a girl right now.

He quickly passes Dylan's table, grabbing him by his arm and tagging him along with him.

"Grab your computer, Dylan. It's redemption time."

_______________

Harven knocks on Emery's door for the second time this week, this time with Dylan by his side. He doesn't get an answer.

"I know you're there, Emery. Can you let me in? You'll never believe it, but I have proof!" Harven says into the door.

"You're right, I don't believe it." Her groggy voice, no doubt from crying, sounds out behind the wood.

Harven sighs. "Pretty please? Don't tell Dylan he came here for nothing."

To his surprise, the door creaks open, showing a confused Emery. "Dylan?" She asks.

"Yeah he has the proof. Let us in. Tell her, Dylan." He turns to him.

"Yeah, let us in." Dylan says in his meek voice.

Emery groans and opens the door all the way. She looks just as bad as Harven expected.

"A bit rough?" He smirks.

"Oh shut up." She drags both of them in.

Once inside, Emery gets to the point, as she always does. "So?"

"Well you see, Dylan here, he tracked the post to a source and it led us to...Lana! She used my name for her user, with ugly hearts too." Harven reveals, shaking his head in disappointment.

Dylan nods, showing the computer screen and explaining how Lana's device code matches the posts', therefor it is the source. After he's done his duty, Dylan gives a curt goodbye and heads out.

Harven makes it a point to thank him later.

"See? Not me." Harven sighs, satisfied, collapsing on the leather couch.

"So what'll happen to Lana?" She asks, avoiding what she knows she should say. She sits on the couch, too.

"Oh she'll get expelled probably. Dylan and I made a stop to the principals office." He grins.

Emery shakes her head, but still grateful. She sighs.

"Harven I'm sorry-"

"No, Emery, you had every reason to believe it was me. I've not exactly a trustworthy person." He chuckles.

But, she shakes her head. "No you- you've been alright. I blamed you too quickly. You promised not to prank and I should've had trust in that." She insisted.

He nods. "Well, we've had our test. I've been proved innocent, can we trust each other?" He holds out a hand towards Emery.

Emery hesitates, staring at the hand. She thinks about all the cruel jokes this could be, and how this is going against everything she wanted to stick to.

She needs to hate Harven Aller.

But, she connects hers with his in a handshake. It's soft, and they both pull away after three or four shakes.

"Yes, you've earned some of my trust over time." The corners of her mouth lift into a soft grin. Harven's eyes brighten, more of a light blue now.

"We're back in business, BABEY!" Harven exclaims.

"Do not call me that." She scolds.

"Should we make a blood pact..."

"Absolutely not."