| Thirty-three

(a/n: please listen to I Love You More by Son of Cloud after you reach the black line🥺)

EMERY GETS ready for a date with Harven, one without any hospital visits. He's due to be here in thirty minutes, and Emery finishes up by tying her hair up with a red ribbon.

She checks the mirror, spinning around in her white mini dress. It has brown buttons up the front and doesn't flare out, instead complimenting her body with a cleaner look. She pairs it with ankle socks and her converse.

There's a knock at her door, and she runs down to get it. Harven is there, in his jumper, from which a collar pokes out. He pairs it with dark jeans and converse, like hers.

She wraps her arms around him, and he does the same.

"Miss me?" He smirks.

"Yes, but not too much." She says jokingly. He rolls his eyes, chuckling.

They drive out pretty far, until they reach an expanse of land. She gets out, confused. He leads her to the very middle of the grass, and they lay down. Harven lays on his back, and Emery leans her head on his stomach.

"Is this okay?" He asks, as they stare up at the stars in the sky that always reminded Emery of Harven's eyes.

"It's perfect." She nods. They stay quiet, not needing to talk, but eventually Harven breaks the silence.

"Where's your dad these days?" He asks, absentmindedly running a hand through her soft curls.

"Moving his things to his new house. He'll be living a couple hours away." She answers.

"How are you feeling?"

"Okay, I think," She breathes, "I've realized that they are both much happier now. I can't make it about me, and I'm just accepting it." She shrugs.

He nods. "I'm glad."

"I probably wouldn't be fine right now if I hadn't talked to you that day when they told me. So, thank you." She mutters.

He smiles softly. "Anything."

She turns around, looking up at him.

"What about you? Having trouble sleeping?" She softens her eyes.

"No, not recently. I seem to think about other things." He smirks down at her. She chuckles, laying her head down on his stomach.

"I'm glad." She copies, smiling.

"I actually brought something for you." He sits up, grabbing a box from his back pocket.

"You better not propose." She narrows her eyes. He scoffs.

He mutters a quiet not yet that she doesn't hear.

She opens the box, gently pulling out a dainty heart locket. It's gold, and the front has intricate flower designs engraved in it.

"Harven, you didn't need to do this this..." She says quietly, marveling at it's beauty.

"Come on, we both know I really wanted to." He grins. She shakes her head, and opens it.

On one side, there's a picture of Harven by the sharks, from the day they visited the aquarium. The other side is her, next to the blob fish. She smiles softly at them, and looks to the back of the locket. The tiny words:

For you, My Enemy

are engraved. She laughs softly at the memories of that time when they really were "enemies."

She looks up at him, gently rubbing the small necklace. She can't communicate the feelings in this moment.

"Help me?" She asks, holding it up. He smiles, helping her clasp it around her neck. She turns around and cups his face.

"I love it." She whispers. He grins softly.

She presses her lips to his, hoping that everything she feels can get to him through the kiss. He warms inside, knowing exactly what she's feeling. Their lips tangle together a little while, and Emery can't stop smiling into it.

______________

Laying in bed, Emery can't stop thinking about Harven. The person she thought she hated most is the one who understands her more than anybody. She can't even deny that she...

Emery gets up, and opens a new pack of 100 pencils. She goes to her window and opens it all the way. She begins throwing them at Harven's window, trying to get his attention.

It works and he comes out, bare chested.

"What is it, angel?" He asks tiredly, rubbing at his eyes. She feels bad for waking him, but it's important.

She shuffles on the floor. "Um-I couldn't say it earlier, but..well." She looks off at the sky, knowing there's no less blunt way to say this.

"I-I love you." She grins, but hiding it, because she feels like she's just screamed a huge secret to the entire world.

He immediately wakes up, looking right at her. Harven closes his window, and she widens her eyes. She paces around the room, wondering if she's just messed everything up.

Then, Harven enters her room, mom always leaves the door unlocked. She turns to him, and he rushes to her, cupping her face. They want to be desperately close.

"Say it again, because I don't believe it." He breathes.

She smiles. "I love you, Harven Aller." She laughs. He sighs, kissing her once softly.

"I love you." He whispers connecting their lips again, more passionately now. His hands find their home, and Emery wraps her fingers around the bare skin on his back. He gasps lightly when she starts drawing tiny circles there.

Their lips work together, already being familiar. They stumble back onto the bed, never breaking their love filled kisses. Emery curves desperately into Harven's body. Their "I love you's" are quiet and sometimes incoherent, but still whispered over and over again.

Eventually, they fall asleep, swollen lipped and bodies pressed tightly together.