prologue

Eloise Madeline Martin is a muggleborn. Her mum, Anne, stayed home caring for Eloise's little brother and sister and her grandparents, while her dad, John, was a lawyer at a firm in London. Her family wasn't wealthy, but comfortable enough to allow for trips to America every so often, which inspired the names of the Martin children.

The eldest child had been named after the main character in two of Anne's favorite books, one from her childhood and one from her honeymoon visit to New York City in America, Madeleine and Eloise respectively. The second was named after the river that held the Statue of Liberty, which John was obsessed with, Hudson River, leading to the name Hudson John Martin.  The youngest, a beautiful little girl was named Brooklyn Anne Martin, after the borough of Anne's beloved New York.

John and Anne were delighted the day Professor McGonagall arrived with Eloise's Hogwarts letter and insisted they learn all they could about the Wizarding World before the two parents, a two year old Hudson, and an infant Brooklyn accompanied Eloise to Platform 9 3/4 for the first time.

It was that day, after Eloise had kissed her mum goodbye and hugged her brother and sister, that Eloise met her best friend in the entire world, Nymphadora Tonks.  Immediately, sweet and quiet Eloise took a liking to the blunt and loud personality of Dora Tonks.  The duo then met their third that day on the train, the animal-obsessed Charlie Weasley.

Upon the trio's arrival at Hogwarts, Eloise was sorted into Hufflepuff first, where Tonks soon joined her.  Charlie was then sorted across the Great Hall into Gryffindor, which never stopped the three one bit.

Nearly ten years later, the three inseparable individuals were in a similar boat. Dora and Eloise living in a three bedroom flat in Diagon Alley as Eloise works in a Flourish and Blots, working on writing her book, and Dora undergoes Auror training, with sweet Charlie out of country in Romania, working with dragons.

But all is well for the three friends.

alicia silverstone as...

eloise madeline martin