three

ELOISE'S DAY OFF

Eloise was fast asleep, enjoying the beginning of her relaxing day off

Eloise was fast asleep, enjoying the beginning of her relaxing day off.  She had a busy day ahead of her, full of writing before she and Dora went home for Hudson's birthday. 

"ELOISE!" Dora shouted, throwing the blonde's bedroom door open. "I need a hand!"

Eloise groaned loudly. "Dora! It's my day off!" 

"Please," Dora begged. "I'm going to be late for work."

Eloise sat up, staring at her best friend. "What's up?"

"If he provides you will the necessary funds, can you get Sirius some clothes?"

"I thought this was being handled yesterday!" 

"Well, we got a bit distracted."

Eloise groaned again, slamming her pillow into her face. "Fine! Only if he lets me give him a haircut and shave."

Sirius's head popped up in the doorway. "Deal!" 

"One more thing," Dora started. "Is it alright if he comes over for Hudson's birthday tonight?"

Eloise glared at her best friend. "I'll call my mum. But only if you lot let me sleep for another hour!"

The two grinned at each other and disappeared. 

Eloise fell back on to her mountain of pillows, quickly falling back asleep, because Merlin knows she needed some sleep.

⭒⭒⭒

"Thank you, again, Eloise," Sirius said for the billionth time as Eloise laid out the muggle clothes on the dining room table.

"It's really no problem, I had to pick up Hudson's birthday gift anyway. Ready for your trim?"

Sirius nodded and followed Eloise's instruction for him to go shower while she prepared the necessary materials. 

He returned with his long hair still dripping.  Eloise dried it a bit with a towel, before setting out to cut the hair -- not too short, per his request -- and shaving the beard away.  Eloise then lifted the newspaper on the table with Sirius's mugshot to look at the clean shaven wizard. 

"You're hardly recognizable!" Eloise grinned. "Perfect! No one will know!" 

"Know what?" 

"The muggle news is saying you're dangerous and such," Eloise explained. "My parents are muggles and so are my siblings. My mom wouldn't care either way, truth be told, but I already explained."

"So, tell me about your family," Sirius asked as the girl dried his fresh cut hair.

"My mum, Anne, stays home taking care of my grandpa, Pops, and my siblings, Hudson and Brooklyn.  My dad, John, is an attorney. A bloody good one at that.  Hudson's turning eleven today. He's a good kid, looks a lot like my dad. Courageous and such, he'd be a Gryffindor if he went to Hogwarts. Brooklyn is almost nine. She's so kind and so smart. She'd be a Ravenclaw. We look a lot alike," Eloise told him. "And my pops is great, he's just, uh, forgetful. He has a muggle disease that magic can't cure, uh, Alzheimers. That's why he lives with my parents."