ten

I'M BACK

Sirius and Eloise enjoyed the rest of their date and arrive home near midnight

Dora was nowhere to be found, but the children were in bed.

"Eloise," Sirius whispered.

She turned towards him and he put both of his hands on her cheeks and kissed her.

And Eloise melted into him.

Eloise had had boyfriends before, but the sparks she felt with Sirius were unlike anything else

When they finally separated, Sirius kissed her forehead. "I'll come over tomorrow."

She nodded and smiled. "Thank you."

He stepped into the fireplace and disappeared.

So Eloise turned to the kitchen and mentally prepared to call her best friend and give her hell, but instead she discovered her father, sitting at the kitchen table.

"Dad?"

"I'm ready to take care of the kids again. I started therapy and I know I fucked up. But I'm back."

Eloise hugged her father tightly. When they pulled apart, she said, quietly, "The kids have a pretty good routine going right now."

So the two stayed up, going over all he had missed and coming up with a plan for the two children.

And then Eloise went home to her flat, where Dora and Sirius were waiting. Apparently Dora had informed Sirius immediately upon his arrival why she had left.

Eloise and Dora passed out in Eloise's room after having whispered about Eloise's date.

The two were completely asleep until near noon that Saturday, when a black dog came bounding on into the room. With one happy lick to Eloise's face, the dog sat, grinning at the blonde, as she opened her eyes.

Eloise shrieked and scared Dora awake

Eloise shrieked and scared Dora awake.  Dora then screamed and the dog barked at them.

To an onlooker, chaos had taken over.

As the two girls were screaming, the dog turned into Sirius, which then made the girls scream more, and Sirius start trying to yell for them to stop.

When everyone had calmed down, Sirius sat the two girls down and apologized.

It was a humorous incident after the fact, but Dora had been furious as she left for work.

Eloise had a day off and planned to spend the day with Sirius.

"Is this a second date?" he joked as she made a late breakfast.

Eloise laughed and replied, "Sure, dear."

As the two ate their breakfast, Eloise asked, "So when were you going to tell me you broke into Hogwarts again?"

Sirius choked a bit, so Eloise patted his back.

After Sirius explained his thought process, with a great deal of judgment from Eloise (especially about the bit where he held a knife over an almost fourteen year old boy's bed), Eloise told him that perhaps he should not attack the children, but get the rat alone.

Sirius had sighed at her and Eloise rolled her eyes at his response.

The two then cuddled on the couch, watching a muggle film... or three, before Dora came home.

When Eloise called her family that night, Hudson informed her that he had had a good day and it went well for him. Brooklyn told her that their father was a bit late picking her up, but that it was okay.  And her father told her that he did his best and he's exhausted, but he thought he did pretty well.  She told him he had. 

Then, Dora, Eloise, and Sirius sat down and began to plot out how to get Peter Pettigrew.  They researched a spell to force the rat out of his animagus form. They figured out a plan for the orange cat-thing Sirius had met, Crookshanks, to help. Sirius swore he had met the cat, but he couldn't figure out where.

Soon enough, they had a solid plan for capturing the rat and turning him in. Barring any complications, it should work fairly well.

After they'd eaten dinner -- fish and chips, Dora said goodnight to the two and retired to her bedroom.

"I had a good day today," Sirius said, snuggling his head into her neck.

"You are so much like a dog," Eloise teased, before moving her head down so she could kiss him.

He smiled into the kiss and lifted his head to better kiss her. "You." Kiss. "Make." Kiss. "Me." Kiss. "Happy." Kiss.

Eloise giggled as he placed the kisses all over her face, before grabbing both sides of his face, like he had done to her the day prior, and planting her lips right on to his.

This prompted a small make-out session between the two before he finally murmured, "Bedroom?"

And she agreed.

a/n : I know I usually don't do these, but I wanted to say I'm sorry this is so short! The next chapter will be in june though