two

WEASLEYS!

Eloise usually loved her job, but in the month of August, she hated it

Except one day of the month, this year a Friday, when the Weasleys came in for their books.

"Molly!" the blonde exclaimed. "How are you?"

The older redheaded witch beamed at her son's friend. "Eloise! I'm absolutely wonderful. How've things been?  How's the book?"

Eloise smiled. "Coming along. What can I get for you all?"

Molly motioned for her children to hand their school lists to the kind girl. "Come along, kids, we haven't got all day."

Eloise looked at the dark haired boy and brunette girl with the Weasleys. "You're not Weasleys," she noted aloud.

"Oh, where are my manners!" Molly replied. "Harry, Hermione, this is Charlie's friend from Hogwarts, Eloise Martin. Eloise, these two are Ron's best friends, Hermione Granger and Harry Potter."

Eloise's eyes shot to his forehead, though she tried to play it off as spotting a bug fly over head.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you two. Now, let me get your school books," Eloise said.

As Eloise walked around the shop, Hermione found her picking out their Charms textbooks. "Mrs. Weasley said you're writing a book," Hermione stated. "What's it about?"

"It's an explanation of magic and such for muggle parents, like mine, who are fascinated by our world," the blonde told her, motioning for her to follow.

"Oh, that's wonderful!  May I buy a copy when it's done?  I'm a muggleborn, too," the younger girl said.

"Absolutely," Eloise replied. "I'll sign it and everything."

Both girls giggled at that.

"Do you have any book recommendations?" Hermione asked a few moments later.

Eloise, slightly shocked a friend of Ronald Weasley liked to read, nodded, before handing the girl an excellent read for the train ride back to school.

After the Weasleys and Harry had checked out, Hermione made her way to the register.

"Hermione," Eloise said. "If you ever need any advice as a muggleborn, or a new book, just write me. Much like you, my best friends were a pureblood and a half-blood, so they didn't get the pain of being a muggleborn sometimes." With that, Eloise scribbled down where an owl could find her. "We can be pen pals."

"Like friends?" the young girl asked, clearly elated with this offer.

"Like friends."

"Oh, thank you!" Hermione hugged the blonde, before rushing to catch up to her friends, beaming from ear to ear.

Eloise smiled and helped the next family in line, happy she had made kind Hermione smile.

***

When Eloise returned home, she found Dora sitting on the couch with their new flat mate.

"Eloise!" Dora stood, her cousin following suit. "This is my cousin, Sirius."

Eloise smiled. "Nice to meet you!"

"You as well," the gruff looking man replied. "Thank you for doing this."

"Any family of Dora's is my family as well," Eloise said. "How's lasagna for dinner?"

Sirius and Dora both agreed and followed Eloise into the kitchen, so they could all talk while she cooked.

"So, I was thinking, maybe we could include Sirius in our cooking rotation," Dora started, earning a shocked look from both of her flat mates.

"I don't know how to cook," Sirius immediately informed both girls. "But I can help clean and such."

"That would be wonderful," Eloise told him. "Now, go shower and change your clothes."

Sirius looked at the girls, sheepishly. "I haven't any clothes yet."

"Don't worry!" Dora exclaimed. "Eloise, can I grab Ian's clothes from your closet and adjust them to fit Sirius until we can get him some clothes."

Eloise's face turned red with embarrassment. "Sure. There's only a set of muggle clothes, a set of pajamas, and a robe though."

"That's plenty," Dora told her, before turning to her cousin. "Sirius, I'll get you some clothes tomorrow after work."

Dora turned to get the clothes from Eloise's closet as Sirius looked at Eloise.

"So, uh," he started. "Who is Ian?"

Eloise didn't reply for a moment. "My cheating arse of an ex."

Sirius nodded. "And you kept his clothes?"

"Uh, well he left them here and sometimes when Charlie — Dora and I's best friend — comes to visit, he takes the clothes for when he's at work, so they don't go to waste, but they're disposed of."

Sirius pretended to know what that meant until Dora returned with the clothes, which looked as though they would fit the man who had spent 12 years in Azkaban.

"Off you pop!" Eloise said, grinning widely as she summoned her inner Molly.

While Sirius was gone, the two girls chatted about their days.

"Oh!" Eloise exclaimed. "Guess who I met today?" Dora looked at her expectantly. "Ron's friends, Hermione Granger and Harry Potter. I kept my cool around Harry, but Hermione and I bonded. I think she might write. Seems like the kind of girl who may need a girl friend in her life, you know?"

Dora nodded. "If she's friends with Ron, definitely."

"Molly said Charlie was doing well. Said he might come home for Christmas this year," Eloise continued. "I miss our ginger third."

Dora laughed, holding out one bowl at a time so Eloise could plate the food. Sirius entered as the girls put the bowls on the already set table, summoning a basket of bread.

"Oh, sorry I didn't help," Sirius said, sitting down. "I'll do dishes."

The two girls nodded in appreciation, both with their mouths full of food.