She'd Have to Wait Another Day

It had been a week since Gellert had showed up. Him and Albus were barely ever apart. Ariana had been spending more time with Aberforth, which she didn't mind. Her brother was very interesting as he chose to act on impulse, which made him less likely to forgive Albus, especially since Albus was always with Gellert.

Ariana was working a plan to look in her brothers' rooms for the book. She knew it couldn't have been Gellert's because he wasn't there that night, it was most likely Albus' since he read more than Aberforth. 

She decided she would look in Albus' room first since he was most likely to have it. She would do it when him and Gellert were out. But then she'd have to work around Aberforth, if she told him they needed more of something, like eggs! They had no chickens so Aberforth would have to leave the house in order to get them. But he'd want to wait for Albus to come back so that Ariana wouldn't be alone.

I just want to know what killed Mother.

You darling, The voice said.

Ariana scrunched her face. She decided she'd just have to do it when Aberforth was outside or not paying attention.

Today Albus and Gellert were in Albus' room. She'd have to wait another day to find the book. 

She was outside with the goats, they were the only beings that wanted her help, everyone else either wanted to help her or thought she was stupid. That's what her brothers' were like. Albus thought she was dumb and Aberforth thought she needed help for everything. It was a pain to have them both breathing down her back. Luckily Albus was having some fun with the boy next door, which gave her more time to herself.

She had gotten to know Gellert more in the past week, they didn't talk, but Ariana noticed things about him. He barely ever smiled, when he did, it was with Albus. He had a long necklace that Ariana couldn't see the bottom of. He always had a book or parchment, like he was figuring something out. He was always tired, like Albus. He would sit and stare at something and slowly close his eyes before popping them open, this happened everyday at least once. Ariana was wondering if he was okay. 

Ariana was still wondering about the dark magic the voice had told her about. What kind of magic had Gellert used? Maybe it was taking a toll on him and that's why he was always tired!

But it was way more than that.