Death Will Treat Me Better Than Anyone Here Has

See what he did to us, see what they all did to us. They destroyed you, they destroyed me. We've fallen weak.

I need to get up, I can stop them, Ariana thought.

She was laying on the floor still but barely conscious. The three boys were yelling at each other more she heard her name yelled a few times. Spells started shooting everywhere and she opened her eyes to the scene above her.

Aberforth's face was painted in fury and he gestured around wildly with his spells, hitting the table and setting the cushions of the sofa on fire. 

Albus looked frantic, like someone had unraveled him and he had to knit himself together again. He wasn't attacking either Gellert of Aberforth, more like trying to keep them from harming each other and himself. There were dried tears on his cheeks and he turned anxiously about trying to predict the next spell.

Gellert's face was set in a hard line and all of his actions were accurate and precise. He didn't hesitate to fire spells at his former friend but they never landed.

Ariana got up slowly and held her head in her hands as if it would cure her new found headache. The world felt tilted and she stumbled around trying to stay upright. 

Let me help you, her ubscurus said.

No, I can do it on my own.

Then be ready to welcome death.

Death will treat me better than anyone here has.

She straightened up and stood still for a few moments, trying to drown out the noise from the ongoing duel.

Breathe in, breathe out.

You're going to die and everything you are going to do will be for nothing.

Breathe in, breathe out.

They will hate each other forever after this.

Breathe in, breathe out.

You are the cause of the rift between them.

Ariana closed her eyes.

They will rethink their actions against each other and me.

"STOP IT!" She rushed in between them yelling for peace.  

And almost in slow motion, she saw three spells come directly come at her and the faces of surprise from the three casters. They hit her all at once and the last thing she could say was, 

"Please stop."

And Ariana Dumbledore was no more.