"Vhat do you live in fear from?"

Ariana walked back to her room and plopped down on her bed.

You're an obscurus

I'm glad you figured out, I was about to burst out of you

No, please, don't, Ariana pleaded

The voice didn't answer back

Ariana shut her eyes and let her imaginary lover carry her off once again.

———————————————————————————

"Ariana," Albus called to her. "Would you like to go on a walk with me and Gellert?"

Ariana turned on her side and realized that she was sleeping. She bolted up and put on something more suitable for the day. She'd have to make it look like she was up for a while if no one was to find out about her sleeping in.

She hopped out of her room and finished braiding her hair while slipping on her shoes. She jogged out to the front of the house where Albus was standing and Gellert was sitting on the sofa.

"I'm surprised she'd vant to come," gellert said looking up.

"Oh, come come Gellert," Albus scolded him. "She's my sister."

"Aberforth is your brother," Ariana said.

The room fell silent.

"Are you sure you still vant to bring her?" Gellert asked.

"Aberforth and I are having brotherly issues," Albus said to Ariana. "That's not important now. Gellert get up, we're leaving."

Gellert stood up and the three of them walked outside. Ariana stuck close to Albus's side. On the other side walked Gellert, who occasionally would look down at his friend with a look of admiration or was it something else?

Ariana was staring at Gellert for most of the walk. When she got back home, she would draw him. He had a certain quality that made you want to know know more. Ariana wondered if her brother had fallen into that trap.

Albus led them onto a trail into the wood. Ariana shivered as the sun hid behind the branches of large trees. Gellert walked in front of them, sure of where he was going. Albus smirked a little and looked around to enjoy the view.

"Silver, you really shouldn't stare at me ven you have all this to look at," Gellert said over his shoulder. 

Ariana looked down at the moving ground beneath her feet in shame. A root appeared and Ariana cautiously stepped over it. She raised her head, and a bird flew by her head. She smiled and looked around. She enjoyed the view of the dark trees growing slowly out of the ground giving her shade. She enjoyed the small bushes on the side of the trail tickling its passerby's with its small branches and leaves. She enjoyed the stray rays of sunlight that filtered through the canopy, making the forest look fantastical.

Ariana was so busy admiring everything around her that she didn't notice Albus and Gellert had stopped. She bumped into Gellert's back and let out a squeal of surprise. Gellert turned around to face Ariana and tapped his chin, thinking.

"Silver," he began. "Vhat do you live in fear from?"

Ariana looked down and pet her arms for comfort. She thought about what she was afraid of, it had been so long that she forgot what she was hiding from.

"Horrible people," she said plainly.

Gellert nodded.

"When was the last time you went out this far, Ariana?" Albus asked.

Ariana closed her eyes, trying to remember.

"I was ten the last time," she answered.

"Vouldn't it be pleasant to be able to come out here, to go anyvhere. Anyvhere. You Vould not have to worry about anybody hurting you or using you. Vouldn't that be nice?"

A tear slipped out of Ariana's eye.

"Yes," she said shakily. Albus held her close to him.

"Let's go home," he said

A/N

Hey, thanks for reading The Silver Side, I hope it's been enjoyable. Special shout-out to superwoman1945 for being super supportive of this book, thank you so much. Have a nice day/night!

Stay salty, 

               Hunnybutterfly