We Are Dead And There is Nothing We Can Do About it

When Ariana seemingly awoke, she was once again in her home. The air felt cooler and everything was clean.

She sat up from the sofa and walked into the kitchen investigating to see what the place was. There was no sign of the three boys in the house so she looked out the window.

It was a pearly white and it moved like water. She stared in awe at the pearly lake washing around her home.

"It's very beautiful isn't it?"

Ariana turned around and saw her mother standing there wearing a dark brown dress and holding her arms out. Ariana gasped and ran into her mother's arms.

"Mama," she whimpered letting tears fall freely down her face and soaking her mother's front. "I'm sorry Mama." Her mother pet her head and shushed her.

"You have done what you could, it's not your fault." They pulled away and Kendra took her daughter's face in her hands and let out a soft sob, "They killed you, they killed my baby girl."

She cried softly and the sorrow shook her body. They touched their foreheads together and let their tears fall.

When the were no more tears left to cry, the two went to sit on the sofa. Ariana sat under her mother's arm.

"Where are we Mama?"

"We are dead, and there is nothing we can do about it. I was to wait for you and now you are here, so I must leave," Kendra said sadly.

"But Mama, stay with me. We can be together, here."

Kendra smiled, "I'm sorry Ariana, but I must go join our ancestors in the afterlife." She stood up and walked to the door, looked behind her, smiled at her daughter and walked away, sinking into the liquid.

"Mama no," Ariana called to her mother. "I need you."

She stepped out of the house hoping to follow her mother to wherever she had gone but she was nowhere to be seen. Her feet were floating over the pearly water. She took another step and remained floating.

There was nothing around the house so there was nowhere to go. She walked back in the house, realizing she would have to wait like her mother for someone to take her place.

She waited a long time for someone to apear, occasionally checking if she could go after her mother.

She learned that she didn't need food or sleep since she was already dead, but she liked to have both anyway because it felt better. 

The backyard was there, and in the first few "years" goats started to appear there. At first Ariana was overjoyed that she had company but after awhile she felt pity on the poor creatures who had nothing to do. So she let them walk into the pearly water and join her mother in the afterlife.

Sometimes a person would show up that Ariana didn't know and she would talk to them and learn what was happening in the living world. None of them were the person she was waiting for and they went into the pearly water with her mother and the goats.

The house was changing. At first, Ariana didn't notice it but then a whole room had been added to her home and she soon saw the small changes that happened everyday. It had started to look like some castle and it wasn't long before she figured that it was Hogwarts. Ariana was overwhelmed with joy that she could explore the place she had always dreamed of going since she was small.

One day an old man showed up by one of the towers and Ariana had an overwhelming feeling to go to him like all the others. But this time something told her to leave him be. He disappeared from the grounds after several days and Ariana went back to greeting house elves, animals and people.