Chapter 4

It had been two sunrises later, and in the passing time, Runningnose had seemed even more stressed.  Your help barely did anything to relieve him anymore, and you felt bad for your mentor.  Tigerclaw had gone hunting again with a patrol, and you'd managed to get a moment with the dark tom.  You were both sitting by the medicine den, in a sheltered corner, away from the curious ShadowClan warriors.

    "So why did you bring me here now?" Tigerclaw growled.  You winced at his tone, feeling as if he'd raked a claw along your side.

    "I- I just wanted to speak to you, Tigerclaw, if that's okay. . ."  You looked down at your paws, embarresed.  You'd assumed the tom wanted to see you, but maybe you were wrong.

    "Ah," Tigerclaw purred, "I see."  He leaned toward you.  "Tell me, A/N, why exactly did you want to speak to me though?"

    "I- I- uh. . ."  You felt your pelt grow hot with embarressment.  You paws tingled as you felt his gaze rest on you.  He was taking notice of you again, just you and him.

    "Well, if it's of no importance-"

    "No, wait!  I want you here, with me," you mewed.  You felt your ears burn.  "S- sorry if it bothers you, Tigerclaw."

     He licked your forehead.  "Okay then, A/N, tell me about yourself.  I want to know it all."

    "O- oh, okay."  You shyly glanced up at him.  "Well my parents are F/N and M/N.  I'm almost a full medicine cat, but Runningnose has been to busy to give me my name.  My brother is B/N.  We were close as kits, and young apprentices, but we kind of grew apart as we grew up, since we walked two different paths."

    "Is there a cat in your life that you really love?  You know, like a mate, a crush, a close friend. . ."

    You were taken by surprise.  Is he hoping I'll say it's him?  you wondered.  "Well maybe I like a tom. . .  And maybe he's right here, right now. . ."

    "Aha.  And maybe I like a she-cat that's right here, right now. . ."  He leaned toward you, pressing his muzzle against yours, and entwining his tail with yours.  You felt as if you were going to burst with joy.  This was what you wanted!

    "Meet me outside the camp tonight," he told you, and you did, and the rest was left untold.