Chapter 6

Tigerclaw had announced new names for some of his friends.  One named Snag had been renamed to Jaggedtooth, and the other, named Mowgli, was renamed to Nightwhisper.  A few cats seemed a bit bitter about a cat who had just joined the Clan acting as if he was leader, but you didn't mind.  Today, you were just finishing up with some herbs as Tigerclaw padded in.  The new Clan member was looking proud as ever.  You felt happy to have him around, he was here all the time now, but it was hard not to get jealous when he was around the other she-cats.  He had been with Goldenflower before you, and maybe he would find another she-cat instead of you.

    "Hello, A/N," Tigerclaw purred.

    "H- hi Tigerclaw," you mewed.  The dark brown tabby towered over you, making you look as if you were only a new apprentice, rather on a late to be made medicine cat.  It was quite aggrivating to remember that you still hadn't received your medicine cat name, dispite your age.  Runningnose will give me my name in his own time, he's just busy.

    "Are you busy?" Tigerclaw asked.

    "No. . ."  You looked down at the ground.  You had smelt smoke not to long ago, and it had turned out that ThunderClan was burning.  You were only reminded that Tigerclaw was once one of those cats, arrogant, snooty, ThunderClan mouse-hearts.  It was so hard to believe.  "I was just going out to look for herbs."  You glanced up at him bashfully.  "Would you like to come with me?"

    Tigerclaw nuzzled your forehead.  "Of course I would, A/N."

    You purred loudly.  "Lets go then."  And with that you were off, leading the dark warrior into the marshy pine forest.  He followed closely beside you, glancing around defensively.  He's possessive of me! you thought with a purr.  Maybe he did love you after all!  Maybe you would be with him forever, and have kits with him, and when you died, you'd be with him in StarClan!

    "Watch out!" Tigerclaw hissed as you crashed into a log.  He ducked his broad tabby head down to sniff you.  "You okay?"

    "Y- yeah . . . just a bit surprised."

    He hauled you up by your scruff with ease.  "You need to be more careful," he meowed, licking the top of your head.  "I wouldn't want you getting hurt, darling."

    You felt your pelt heat up with a mix of embarressment and affection.  He shouldn't have to tell you to be careful!  But he was really kind to you. . .

    "Which herbs do you need, A/N?" he asked politely.

    "W- well I need a s- some blackberry leaves, chamomile, and dandelion," you listed out.

    Tigerclaw nodded.  "I'm on it."  He padded off and you trotted to keep up, his legs were much longer than yours.

    He stopped at a patch of dandelion.  He picked a few stalks and padded off again, stopping at a blackberry bush.  You picked some of the leaves, then led him off to where chamomile was a bit easier to find, and you both collected some.  It was nice to spent time with Tigerclaw. . .