Something

This chapter is very long, but it's important. I tried extra hard in writing this that I wrote it twice and picked the better one. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DAYS TILL BALL: 8

It's a Tuesday morning. When Meta woke up he realized something, for the past 3 days he actually fell asleep and didn't have nightmares. He assumed the first two times was just luck but now he thinks there's a reason. He has noticed a slight change in his mindset, he's been acting different then his normal mysterious self, and the reason he believes why is Kirby.

Meta lightly shook Kirby awake.

Kirby: "what?" She said turning to look at him

Meta: "After the first day of you being here, my nightmares have stopped"

Kirby: "so what your saying is I stopped your nightmares?"

Meta: "I think so"

Kirby: "why do you think that is?"

Meta didn't have to think, he already knew. He just didn't know how to explain it.

Meta: "it's complicated.."

Kirby: "I can wait" she really wanted to know why

Meta knew he'd have to tell her eventually. He took a breath and proceeded to explain from the beginning.

Meta: "this might get deep"

Kirby: "the deeperer the betterer"

Meta: "..?...As you know, I grew up in a war and it took a lot away from me. War took away all the love in my life. It took away my parents. It tore apart my home, my friends my world. I saw things words would never be able to describe"

Kirby looked at Meta with sad eyes. It was getting deep.

Meta: "I witnessed lives being taken from right to left, with barely any power to stop it. That's one of the hardest things to come to terms with when your fighting a war you know you won't win. We knew we couldn't win. We knew we would die, but we fought anyways. And look how things ended, everyone....everyones gone." Metas voice began to shake "Everyone but me, I wish I could of done more, to go back and save the people I cared about. Everyone depended on me, I was their last hope and I failed"

Kirby: "Meta, you can't blame yourself, none of this is your fault. You did your best in that situation. Don't expect yourself to hold the weight of worlds, your one person after all, it takes a whole lot more to fight a war."

Meta: "It's not just the guilt of loosing everyone... there's the guilt of- of.." Meta put his hands to his head and looked down "....killing.." when he looked to see Kirbys reaction there was tears in his eyes.

Kirbys sad expression added in concern. She didn't know how bad Metas mental state was and it's breaking her heart. She tries to comfort him and gave him a needed hug.

Kirby: "that is just one of the cost of war. It's the outcome of fighting, you have to make sacrifices. But this heavy weight of guilt you carry, don't let it keep you from living" she hugged Meta tighter.

Kirbys words made Metas tears fall faster. It triggered a decision he now regrets. He figured he would tell her now but remembered the point of this conversation. And besides he didn't know if he was ready to reface the memory. Meta pulled out of the embrace and wiped his tears.

Meta: "I think I got a little off topic..."

Kirby: "it's okay, it needed to be said. So, how does this relate to me ending your night terrors?"

Meta: "After all...that, in case you couldn't tell, I suffer from um.. ptsd. And my anxiety's been bad and it triggers flashbacks and insomnia. But then
you showed up and it's like my anxieties washed away" Metas never said his problems out loud but saying them made him realize how real they were.