Chapter One

Amsterdam, Netherlands

It was late afternoon in the day. preparations have been taking place in the Abdallah house. Every angle was adorned with flowers and balloons. Happy Birthday Amir and Zara was embellished in bold on the milk concrete wall. On the other side dishes of different kinds were settled on the dinning. A man and a woman who look like couples were seated on the couch watching something on the phone.

Suddenly, a young girl emerged from the stair wearing a Navy gown. She's tall and has a slender body her hair wrapped around with a black scarf

"Mom, I can't find my earrings," She said to the woman sitting together with the man.

"How will you find it, when you spent one hour dressing up. The guest will be coming any time soon" The woman's attention now went to her as she scolds her. The girl's face fell.

"Let her be. Take your time Zara, the party won't start without you" The Man sitting beside her mom assured. Her face lit up, she knew her dad will take her side.

"Thank you, Dad. I love you" pecking her father's cheeks, she ran upstairs.

"Jawad"

"What?" he inquired shrugging his shoulder while he continues checking his phone.

"Every time I try to get her on tracks you always make it worse" she glared at him, smacking him playfully.

"I didn't do anything and besides who is the one pampering Majeed" Talking of Majeed, a boy who looked the age of 6 appeared running towards them and settle on his Mother's body.

"Mom, when is the party starting?" he said in his boyish voice.

"Is my boy eager to eat the cake?" She mimics his voice pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Yes Mom, I want to be the one to cut sister Zara cake" he giggled showing his small whitish teeth.

"Alright then, now let go dress you up" buttoning his opened shirt, she pecked him on the cheek.

"You see, I said it you pamper this boy so much"

"And so? you also pamper Zara so let me do the same to my boy. right sweetheart?"

"Yes Mommy" the boy nodded his head in enthusiasm

"Whatever" rolling her eyes she held Majeed and they descended upstairs. Even after many years of marriage, they still fight on the smallest thing but on top of that, they love each other so much.

On their way to Majeed room, they stopped by Zara's room, seeing the girl standing in front of the vanity mirror.

"Ya Allah this girl, you're still dressing up?" She inquired, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Mom I'm almost done just some finishing touch" she mumbled enough for it to reach her mother's ear. Suddenly her phone vibrates from the bed. Checking the caller id, a smile made it way out of her lips.

"It's Amir, he must be on his way" Farah shakes her head. The two are really inseparable.

"Let's go my boy" closing the door quietly behind her, they made their way to his room.

"Where are you now Amir?" Zara questioned sitting down on the bed.

"We're almost close to your house," he said from the other end.

"Okay be fast, you know I hate waiting"

"Sure Troublemaker" Before she could reply to him, he ended the call.

*Just wait and see till I get a hold of you* she whispered the left side of her lips curving up.

**