Chapter Thirty Eight

Not edited

Nikkah day,
At Zara's parent's residence

The Nikkah was performed, the imam pronounced Zara and Fawwaz husband and wife then Amir and Sumayya. All the happy moment that was going on in the house wasn't inferred to Zara as she was curled up in her room feeling completely down. The thought of leaving her parent's house has been bugging her since the time they had the conversation with Sumayya. She knew one day she would have to leave their house to her own house as a married woman and now that the day has come, she's feeling all weak. The door was pulled open followed by her Mom who was looking elegant dressed in a mint green gown her face was held in a smile as she walks to the bed where Zara was seated, back rested on the bed rest. And that is what it takes to let out the tears she had been holding up all the while. Farah's eyes widened seeing her daughter in tears.

"What happened Zara? Why are you crying? Are you unwell?" She bombards at once cupping her daughter's face. Zara snuggled in her mother's body as she continues sniffing. The tears kept flowing on their own and she didn't intend to stop them. She needed them to feel better.

"Shh, I'm here. Tell me is there something you don't like. Is it because of the friends I invited?" She inquired once again.

"Mom, can't I stay for some days before leaving?" She said amidst sob. Farah let out a smile realizing what her daughter cries are all about. Pulling her out of the embrace, she cupped her face wiping off the tear from her face. Her makeup is almost ruined.

"You know that is not possible. You have to. I know you will miss me just like I've started feeling empty but I'm happy knowing that my daughter is going to her own marital home into a well reputable family, someone I know. I have a hundred percent trust in Fawwaz and his parents. He loves you and will take care of you, so as for them. So don't ruin today's happiness. Fawwaz is waiting for you. Sumayya is already downstairs waiting." Using the back of her palms to wipe off her face once again, she supports her up as Zara readjusts the veil on her head. Just as they made their way towards the door, Farah stopped.

"And one thing, when we descend down, I don't want to see these tears. Sumayya has already finished her own. I don't want to get emotional again. Now come" Farah ushered taking her daughter's hand and they descend downstairs. She knows for the fact that her heart clench as her daughter would be leaving but she stood brave. If she let her guard down, probably she would cry so she decided to hold everything in at the moment.

By the time they ambled down, Zara's eyes met with her father who was talking with Marwan. She bites her bottom lip trying to control herself. She doesn't want to cry.

"Alhamdulillah. Finally, my granddaughter is married" Ma cheered holding Zara by the arm. "Time sure travels fast. I remembered the time you guys were little and now see." She added. Zara and Sumayya were instructed to go to Ma so that she can give her advice and blessing.

"Alhamdulillah. All gratitude to Allah for making us witness this day of happiness. May Allah bless your new home."

"Ameen". They both answered.

"May he protect you, your husband's and your entire family from all evil. You are now leaving your parents' house to your husband's house. You are now their responsibilities. I wish you a blissful married life" All answered with Ameen. The guest have left already. Only family members present.

"Thank you, Ma" Zara directed.

After a little farewell from family and friends, when it was finally time to part ways, the tears she had been bottling up, made their escape out of her eyes.