Chapter Thirty Two

Not edited

It took Sumayya some second to process what Amir just uttered. To say she was caught off guard by his unexpected confession will be an understatement. She opened her mouth to speak when he started again.

"I know I'm not supposed to ask you that, after all, that occurred. I don't want it to be like I'm using you to forget Zara. No. I know that you're a nice and intelligent lady. I understand if you don't want to accept me, heck you have a reason to. After all, I have been mean to your friend. I wanted to get my mind off things."

"It's okay. That's how life is. Sometimes you find yourself in a situation but I'm glad you're going to settle things with Zara. And for your offer, I will think about it. You know, I have my pride too, I can't just say yes immediately, even if I feel something for you. So give me some time" Amir Stares at her as she went on and on. A particular word she utters circulates in his head. Did he just...

"Sumayya, did I just hear you said, even if you feel something for me?" Her eyes almost popped out of its socket and she covers her mouth with her palms. Did she just confess her feelings to Amir? Why is it that the mouth blurts out something you try hard not to say and that to someone whom you don't want them to know. She mentally scolds herself. Amir's lips broke into a smile as he watches her head cast down. What will it be like if Sumayya was the one he fell for instead of Zara? Nothing like conflicts would have happened.

"Um... Even if that's what you feel, you shouldn't be embarrassed. Loving someone doesn't happen because we tell them to, rather our hearts. So, don't be shy to confess your feelings before it becomes too late" Sumayya slowly raised her head. She could sense the hurt from his voice as he said it.

"Yes Sumayya, I realized that not everything goes as you wanted it to be but you will find someone who will love you regardless of who you are or your flaws. So I would like to thank you for liking this naughty guy" A chuckle escape both of them.

"When did I confessed that I like you?" she said trying to act pretentious when deep down, she was delighted. Her wish is getting fulfilled. No matter how she tried, she can't get him out of her thinking. She fell for him the first time she set her eyes on him. It was love at first sight. There is nothing she would say than 'Alhamdulillah' His eyes widened slightly before masking it up with a smirk.

"I know it so don't try to act. Honestly, I'm honored that someone likes me"

"Whatever. But-" Her voice turns low as she fiddles with the table cloth.

"Go on" He ushered.

"Do-" The words didn't complete itself out of her lips when the door was being pulled open followed by the presence of Zara together with Fawwaz. Her smiling self turns to frown as her eyes sight, Amir.

"Sumayya I thought you said it is an emergency then why am I seeing nothing?" she started

"Amir is here to talk to both of you and I know if I tell you the truth, you won't come so I had to lie. Sorry" Pushing the seat back, she stood up meeting her eyes with Amir, she curtly nods her head and muttered 'You can do it' before sprinting away to the kitchen giving them privacy. After all, she has nothing against Amir.

A pile of silence fell on them as both await one of them to start a conversation."Um... Zara, Fawwaz" Amir called in a calm voice, blowing out a short breathe. " I know you are surprised for seeing me here. I don't know where to start apologizing to you. Zara, I hurt you a lot with my rude behavior trying to force you to love me back. I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart. I will understand if you decided not to forgive me but at least, it will be off my head. And Fawwaz, I know I was being rude to you and jealous of you especially during the family meeting. There are some things that I won't be able to tell you two but I hope everything will go back to normal again. I want to see the once troublesome cousins back. One more thing, I wish you a happy married life in advance" He let out a small smile. "I feel like a load has been lifted off my head" Both Fawwaz and Zara couldn't say anything. His apology comes as a surprise to them especially Zara, who was hurt by his action. She knows forgetting the incident won't be easy but seeing the hopefulness in his eyes shows he's genuine about what he said. She might hate his changed behavior but she's not someone who holds a grudge, so she will let bygones be bygones as far as he won't do anything again. After all, there are families. And she will hold on to the saying "Forgive and Forget"