Chapter Two

The light coming from the window made her groan. Peeling her eyes open she was met with the presence of her mother, hands placed on her hips with a look Zara knew so well.

"Good Morning  Mom," she said a yawn escaping her. The woman standing a few miles away from her took a slow step towards her.

"Morning huh? Do you know what the time is now?" the woman inquired. Zara roams her hand on the rumpled bed in search of her phone. She managed to land her hand on it almost on the verge of falling on the floor. As she unlocked the phone, her eyes widened seeing the time, she squeezed her eyes with the back of her palm, trying to make out what she just saw.

"What says the time?" The distance left between them was a mere inch.

"Um..."

"Cat got your tongue?"

"12:00 pm" Zara muttered her head cast down.

"Because your father always takes your side is that why you're behaving like this huh" Her Mom scolded her.

"I'm sorry Mom it won't happen again," she said her head still down.

"Better, now will you get out of the bed. If you misbehave you'll see the other side of me. Your father is not here to save you" Not waiting for her reply, she left the room. Zara heaved out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Her Mom can be scary sometimes. She will have to be careful, The one who also supports her acts isn't around to save her.   She lazily got out of the bed and marched to the bathroom. As she switched on the shower, the hot water came in contact with her body, soothing every joint in her body. She spent much time in the bathroom than she intended to, she feels like staying in the shower all day.

She made sure the door is locked before changing her clothes, she can't afford Amir to enter the room while she's changing. They might share everything together, but he respects her privacy. After changing into a simple peach long sleeves slim gown that stopped mid-thigh she wore black leggings underneath and wrapped around a black veil on her hair as usual. Her favorite color. it doesn't matter how the clothe is, as far as it's black then she'll go for it.

"Why can't you do things fast. it's been forty minutes since I left your room" The moment she graces her presence downstairs her mom started.

"Its because I washed my hair" the woman didn't say anything further again. Knowing they've already eaten their breakfast, she walked slowly to the kitchen and started preparing pancakes for herself.

"Make sure you clean it up when you're done" Farah shouted through the living room.

"It's a must" she heard someone say from behind her. She rolled her eyes seeing who it was.

"I see the lazy girl just woke up now" he started plopping himself on the kitchen counter.

"Who caused it?"

"If you're talking about last night then don't blame me. You couldn't accept defeat" he shrugged reaching for the Nutella bottle set beside the flour mixture getting a smack from Zara in return.

"Back off, you know I've still not forgiven you about last night right" A chuckle escaped his lips remembering last night's event. After he finished teasing her to his heart contents calling her a loser and Zara saying she's not. They played another round again to prove who will be the loser, in which she lost again after bragging about her skills.

"It wasn't my fault, you failed on your own"

"Don't talk to me" she glared at him continuing mixing her flour.

"Okay I'm sorry, I won't call you a loser again" his playful tone now turn to normal. He likes teasing her but he doesn't like seeing her angry.

"I said I'm sorry you know we're best friends," he said again finding no reaction from her.