Chapter Twenty Four

Unedited

After the heated arguments between the three women, they left for the day. This time around, Zara went together with her parents. Her father thinks it's better if she returns back home since they would be working on a big battle. Yasmin's words didn't stop turning in Farah's head. She couldn't bring herself to believe Yasmin would talk rudely to her and that too in front of their children.

"Farah" she heard her name being called. Snapping herself from the little thoughts, she was met with outstretched hands of her husband. Her brows knitted in confusion by his action.

"What?" she inquired staring at his face back to his hands. Jawad let out a small smile.

"I was thinking maybe you don't have enough strength in your body then I'll hold you." He stated. Farah resists the urge to roll her eyes. What does he take her for? A weak woman? Smacking his hands she got out of the car and walk past him not before giving him an answer to his question.

"I don't have time for that and mind you I'm not a baby"
.
"You're are not a baby but you are my baby," he remarked. Farah instantly turns around throwing him a glare. Luckily, Zara is already inside. Pushing the front door open, Majeed run up to her. She's glad she didn't take him along.

"Mummy," he said cheerfully.

"Welcome home Mam and Sir" Labibi, the young girl whom Farah assigned to keep an eye on Majeed greeted. Labibi is not her personal worker but she calls her at times if she would be busy at work or something since no one would be at home to take care of Majeed and she can't take him along to anywhere she goes.

"Labibi thank you for taking care of Majeed. I hope he didn't put you into a lot of work" Farah asked. She knows how naughty Majeed can be. A smile made it way out of labibi's lips.

"I'm already used to it. Then I'll take my leave" she ushered bending a little

"Alright my regards to your family" After Labibi left, Farah turns to her son.

"How is my little boy doing?" she confided pinching his chin slightly.

"I'm fine. Aunt labibi cooked a delicious snack for me" he declared, his small teeth visible due to grinning. Farah patted his back.

"That's so nice. Now go to your big sister's room tell her to change you out of your clothe" she ushered. As requested, he ran off to the stairs.

"Slowly Majeed" Farah confided watching as the little boy almost tripped.

"You do know we have to talk right" Jawad started after watching mother and son bond few minutes ago. Farah leaps towards the direction of the kitchen pretending she didn't hear him but Jawad knowing how his wife is, went ahead again.

"I think we should put the decision aside for a while. I don't want you and your sister to be in bad terms because of it"

"Well, it has already happened. Didn't you see the look on her face when she said all those bad words to me, because of her son. It was a look of disrespect and hate and since she decided to have her way, so do I" She was now standing in front of him, hands placed on the hips. A smile dangled at the corner of his lips, seeing a serious expression on his wife's face.

"What?" she interrogated throwing him her kind of look. Jawad leaned his back on the couch, plopping his legs on the center table, hands folded together.

"Well, what can I say. You look like an old woman with the way your expression is" he uttered getting a grimace from her in return. Letting out a deep breath, she slouched herself beside him, releasing another sharp breath.