Chapter Thirty Nine

Not edited

It was morning. A day in her husband's house. A day she and Fawwaz became one. A day she will cherish forever. A day for two of them. Folding the prayer mat and also at the same time Fawwaz entered the room.

"Assalamu Alaikum" he started in one of his most calm voice. Zara glanced at him and averted her eyes again.

"Wa Alaikum salam" she replied back. Fawwaz noticed her unusual voice which made a smile out of his face. Trekking towards the wardrobe, where she was standing rummaging through the clothe, he hugged her from behind resting his head on her neck.

"Is my princess angry at me this early morning" he muttered. Zara kept mute and continue skimming through. He knew what he did last night and now he's talking about her being angry at him when he was the one who said he would be gentle and there's nothing like gentle from him. Thinking about the night makes her cringe.

"I'm sorry if you're angry because of last night. Besides, we both agreed to it so no need to frown about it. We have become one now. You're my princess and I'm your prince". The way he whispered to her ears, made a shiver down her spine. He's making it hard for her to focus on what she is doing.

"I didn't say I'm angry did I?" She let out a smile when she finally locates the dresses she has been searching for. She lightly nudges him but by his tight hold around her body, couldn't get him off her body.

"Okay I've forgiven you so can you let me go now?" Fawwaz turned her around, caging her between his arms by placing both palms on the wardrobe door. His face a mili inch away from her as he whispers out.

"If I'm forgiven, then can I?" Her body shivers by his voice perching through her ears.

"Do... What?" She stuttered out. She didn't miss the beating of his heart as she places her palms on his chest.

"Kiss you" Zara stared at him in thinking. He said the exact word last night and they ended up doing more than kissing.

"No you can't" His face slightly fell hearing her rejection. She has no idea how attractive her lips are to him that whenever she smiles, he feels like...

The words didn't get to make themselves out of his lips when he felt her lips on his. She pulled apart before he could react to the kiss. A giggle erupts from her lips.

"It's a good morning greeting from me to you" Fawwaz finds himself smiling too. A pile of silence fell on them as they stare at each other with so much love and tenderness in their eyes. Fawwaz ran his thumb around her face. From her eyebrows down to her chin then stopping at her lips. He stared at them for some seconds before snapping back to her eyes. Using one hand to pull her to his body, he cupped her face with the other staring directly at her face.

"Words could not express how happy and lucky I am to have a beautiful yet brave woman like you. Witnessing this day is a dream come true for me. I  never know what caring for someone is but meeting and falling in love with you is the best thing I could ever wish to happen to me. I love and care for you more than you can imagine. You mean a lot to me. You are an important part of my life and also my responsibility. I love you princess and will always do" Zara stared into his eyes seeing the swirl of emotions in them. She could see the love he has for her in his eyes. Letting out a mild breath, she cupped his face too with both her palms.

"Alhamdulillah Fawwaz. I'm happy to be part of your life. I'm happy that I got married to a gentle yet respectable man like you. I have never imagined a day will come where I would be standing in front of someone I love, someone I care for. Someone who stole my heart away with his carefree and diligent personality. There's nothing more I will say than Alhamdulillah. Because Allah has given me what I will be thankful and grateful for. May Allah protect our love"