Chapter 5

The cool breeze brushed your hair away from your face as you walked along the side of the lake. The corners of your lips turned up as you took a deep breath, enjoying the floral scent of the flowers mixed with the earthy smell of the landscaping along the trail.

Your mind started to drift as you thought about the conversation you just had with your members, contemplating whether they were right. Your entire career, you'd been mindlessly obeying whatever Mr. Lee said, taking whatever punishments he gave you if he thought you misbehaved, in fear that he might hurt those you loved. However, would he truly risk his reputation by openly assaulting another group, especially one with such popularity and influence as BTS? It seemed highly unlikely, assuming the minute he did anything to harm the boys, their company would take legal action, resulting in the truth of your CEO's transgressions coming to light. That didn't mean he couldn't hurt your bandmates, and that is what prevented you from reaching out to your soulmates.

Even if you and the girls went public with the way he assaulted you, who would believe you? Lee had more money and power than you five did combined, and in the end, it seemed that the law always favored the rich and powerful. You were also a woman. It didn't matter how much evidence was presented to incriminate Lee. As a woman, they would never believe you. You'd never win.

So far into the deep trenches of your mind, you didn't see the boy running at you until it was too late. The air was knocked out of your lungs as you fell onto your butt.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" a sweet voice exclaimed from above you. "I wasn't watching where I was running, are you hurt?"

A pale hand appeared in your line of sight and you followed the arm up to a face framed with dark hair, bangs falling into big doe eyes and sparkling brown irises. Thin pink lips were slightly parted in shock as he shot you a guilty look, clearly regretful of the fact that he body checked you into the dirt. The moon shining behind him casted a halo around his face, a face you recognized from the countless pictures you'd started at, praying that one day, you'd get to see it up close and in person.

You snapped out of your haze, standing up without the boy's help, mindful of where he stood so you wouldn't touch him. "I'm alright," you answered, brushing the dirt off your jeans.

Jeongguk was shocked to say the least. In all the scenarios he'd made up of when you two would first meet, he never once imagined it would be at night, at the local park, with you sprawled on the ground because he decided to channel his inner hockey player. Jeongguk felt his face heat up as a blush splotched his face and neck, partly because he finally met you, and partly because he was mortified.

"Ah, I-" the boy spluttered, trying to string together some words to form an apology. "I was chasing after Taehyungie hyung but I lost him. I was looking around, and I didn't realize I was running right at someone. I'm so sorry."

Jeongguk was just as adorable as your members had told you, and it was difficult to bite back the giggle that arose from seeing the flustered boy. "Is this how you always greet new people, Jeongguk-ssi? By tackling them into the dirt?"

You weren't sure where this confidence came from. You never teased anyone unless it was your unnies, but something about the shy singer in front of you made you want to see if you could make him blush even more.

You weren't disappointed as Jeongguk flushed a shade of red so deep, it could rival the sunset. "No!" he burst out, worried he'd made a bad first impression. "I just-"

"It's alright," at this point you didn't even try to hold back your laughter. "I was just teasing you. I'm Song Y/N by the way." You formally introduced yourself, giving the boy a polite bow.