Chapter 6

You stumbled through the threshold of your dorm trying your best to stay quiet. The haziness in your vision had better ideas though as you lost your balance and fell face first into the carpeted floor. 

Minji was the first to come running out of her bedroom and into the living room to investigate what the noise was. When she saw how you laid unmoving on the ground, she called out for Nayoung before rushing over to you. 

With the eldest's help, you managed to limp your way over to the couch where Minji helped you lay down, head on Nayoung's lap as the leader ran her fingers through your hair in a soothing motion. By now the remaining two girls had made their way over to the living room, rubbing away the remnants of sleep from their eyes. Although you normally would've felt guilty for waking them all up, the aching in your heart allowed you to be selfish just this once and revel in the love your members gave you. 

Minji came to sit on the floor in front of you with a bowl of cool water in one hand and a face cloth in the other. As she began to blot your face, the cold water helped you relax. Soon, the effects of the touch and your anxiety dissipated, and you felt calm once again. 

Seeing the color return to your face, and your shoulders lose tension, Jaehwa asked the question burning in everyone's minds. "What happened?"

The recollection of what happened brought tears to your eyes as you felt overwhelmed once again. "I was walking in the park when Jeongguk ran into me-"

"Jeon Jeongguk? BTS Jeongguk?? Your soulmate Jeongguk??" Chanmi interrupted, eyes wide, shock clear in her voice. 

"No, Astronaut Jeongguk," you responded, rolling your eyes. Sure you were mentally drained, but that didn't mean you would entertain idiotic questions from your best friend.

"I know you meant that sarcastically but girl, that boy can do anything and everything. I wouldn't be surprised if headlines next week called him the hottest guy to ever land on the moon."

The rest of the members all giggled and you cracked a tiny smile. Leave it to Chanmi to lighten up even the darkest of situations. 

"Go ahead and continue, chickie" Nayoung said, looking at you fondly. Ever since you joined the company as a trainee all those years ago, your members always called you chickie, claiming you looked just like one. Back then, you were a tiny, shy little girl with chubby cheeks and a high voice. Not to mention you always wore a fuzzy yellow sweater and had a squeaky laugh. Now you're one of tallest (and ditched the yellow sweater long ago), but that didn't stop your sisters from babying you every chance they got. 

"We talked for a little bit and I got so comfortable that I let him distract me. It seemed like it happened in slow motion, like in the movies. He reached out and accidentally touched my shoulder. It was only for a second but," you sighed. "It was enough." 

Silence filled the room as the four girls processed what you'd just told them. 

"So, he knows?" Jaehwa clarified. All you could do was nod. Immediately Minji squealed. 

"You guys touched! Your first touch chickie! How exciting!" 

Your members all celebrated, discussing about when to invite the boys over for dinner to get to know them and placing bets on who they thought you'd bond with first. Chanmi even went as far as making a comment about how she wouldn't mind babysitting all seven kids and placed dibs on Namjoon's child because it would be the cutest one due to it's (potential) dimples. 

You let them have their fun, knowing you'd have to shatter their dreams soon enough. You knew you could never meet the rest of the boys. They didn't know how much danger they'd be in. Letting them into your life would only cause more trouble than it's worth and it's better to cut off relations now before you touched or bonded with anyone else. You knew you'd have to tell your members this, but that would be an argument for another day.